Forgiveness

--

"Hayley, I'm sorry!" Chad says as the tears fall down her face.

"No. No, you're not." She sobs, "I want a divorce."

"No, Hay. No." And soon tears began to fall from his face, but only a little bit.

"Yes. I want a divorce." She says more sternly now, wiping the tears off her face.

"When are we gonna tell the fans?" He asks softly.

"Soon. During the first tour of After Laughter." Hayley says.

--

The memory renews itself into her mind as she cries.

"Everything will be okay, Hayley." The curly haired man comforted the small girl, holding her in his arms, "If he did that, then he doesn't deserve you."

She nods, sniffling.

"Lets get recording, eh?" Taylor says, standing up and leaving to the recording room.

"Okay." She mumbles to herself, "You got this."

And then she, too, leaves to the recording room. Hayley stands in front of the mic, and she holds up her fingers.

One.. Two.. Three

The boys play their instruments for the intro as Hayley waits to sing.

"You hurt me bad this time, no coming back," She sings, "And I cried 'til I couldn't cry, another heart attack. If I lay on the floor, then maybe I'll wake up."

"And I don't pick up when you call, 'cause your voice is a gun. Every word is a bullet hole, shot a hole in the sun. If I never look up, maybe I'll never notice."

"And you, you want forgiveness. But I, I just can't do it yet."

"There's still a thread that runs from your body to mine. And you can't break what you don't see, an invisble line. If I follow it down, will we just be alright?"

"But it could take me all your life, to learn to love. How I thought I could love someone, I haven't even begun. If its all up to us, we might as well give up."

"And you, you want forgiveness. I can barely hang onto myself. But I, I can't give you this. I can't give you, I can't give you it. And you, you want forgiveness. I'm afraid that I'll have nothing left. But I, I just can't do it yet. I can't do, I just can't do it yet."

"Don't you go and get it twisted. Forgiving is not forgetting. Don't you go and get it twisted. Forgiving is not forgetting, no, its not forgetting, no, I'll never forget it, no."

"And you, you want forgiveness. I can barely hang onto myself. But I, I can't give you this. I can't give you, I can't give you it. And you, you want forgiveness. I'm afraid that I'll have nothing left. But I, I just can't do it yet. I can't do, I just can't do it yet."

When the song was over, Hayley collapsed. She cried, cried, and cried, letting it hit her that her marriage was over, and she couldn't do nothing about it.

And as she cried on the ground, Zac and Taylor stood behind her, comforting their friend.

--