Brick By Boring Brick

**play the song while you read if you can**

"C'mon, Josh. Just dig the hole. We gotta bury the castle, remember?" The blonde haired girl tugs at his arm.

Josh the Gravedigger sighs, grabbing a shovel. Josh and Hayley have some tension between each other, but they always overcome it.

"Fine. But only for you, Hayley." He says as they walk into the field that contains Hayley's swing.

The field is full of bright, glowing shades of oranges and yellows, with some greens. The sky was golden, and the trees swayed along to the wind. He starts to dig the hole as Hayley uses her swing.

"Look! There it goes!" Hayley shrieks, pointing to the castle.

Josh looks up to see the castle, running with her butterfly wings and toy doll. He shrugs and continues to dig the hole. The castle runs into a small cottage, looking around it as Hayley dances around the hole. The cottage's door closes by itself, giving the castle a fright, but it continued its journey anyways.

The castle stops, dropping its toy doll, and opens one of the glowing jars that hung from the roof. When the castle removes the lid from the glass, a small fairy flies out.

The castle starts walking again, looking at all the plants and flowers. It lets a butterfly crawl onto its finger, but then the butterfly flies away.

While all this happens, Hayley is sitting on the ground, singing, watching as the hole gets deeper. She stands up, outstretching her arms to the hole.

"Ba da ba ba da ba ba ha!" She shouts, and Josh looks at her in confusion before returning to his work.

Hayley spins and dances around as the castle keeps walking down the lively path. Hayley stops spinning and lies on the ground, and as the castle keeps walking, all the vines melt away, and tall mushrooms replace them.

Jeremy the Knight stands in front of the castle, and he leads her to a tea party that the monsters are having. Hayley stands up as Jeremy disappears, and the monsters begin to taunt the castle, beckoning her to join them. A small man sticks his tongue out at her.

The castle becomes scared and retreats into a nearby palace. Hayley is sitting on the grounds one moment, and on the swing the next. Josh is starting to think that she's ADHD.

The palace is gorgeous on the inside, full of pillars and mirrors. The castle looks at its reflection in the mirrors and begins to fix its hair. The monsters start to replace the castle's reflection, and the sky begins to darken.

Lightning flashes, thunder booms, and the monsters start to scare the castle. Hayley lies on the ground again, and Josh is almost done digging the hole. Monsters keep flashing themselves into the castle's eyes, frightening it with every second. As Zac the Robber comes into the mirrors, the castle rips her butterfly wings off, realizing that sometimes life isn't so great, and that there's bad things in life.

The castle screams as a scary man with a weapon is suddenly in the mirrors. The castle dashes out of the palace, running away from all the monsters. The mushrooms are now dead shrubs as darkness fills the land.

The darkness chases the castle, growing quickly, attempting to latch itself onto the castle's ankles. It succeeds, and the castle falls to the ground. The castle tears itself from the darkness and grabs its toy doll that it dropped earlier. The castle runs out of the cottage, running towards the hole.

Now everyone is singing the phrase, "Ba da ba ba da ba ba ha." over and over again.

Josh climbs out of the hole, waiting by, leaning on his shovel. Hayley sings along, clapping the dirt and dust off her hands.

The castle runs to the hole and falls in, dropping her toy doll. Hayley's singing gets louder as she picks up the doll, tossing it into the hole.

Everyone's singing stops, and Josh starts to fill in the hole again, burying the castle as Hayley walks away to go home.

"We buried the castle." She mumbles to herself happily.