Dalix

Hiya! This the co-writer of Haunting and Chasing Butterflies! So, as some of y'all may know, Darius has a girlfriend and lives in Paris, France. And he just got engaged! His closest friends sent me the video and they asked if I could write about the video in a story type of way, so I will, even though it was two hours ago. I'm so happy for them. Alrighty, here we go.

-Rain ((yes thats my name))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 21st. The Sweetest Day. The Apple Day. These days are celebrated in the United States, but Darius didn't care. He was going to mold these holidays into his European proposal.

Why was it considered European? It wasn't because of his location, if that's what you're thinking. You'll find out in a bit.

He waited anxiously by the ladder that led to the rooftop of his apartment. He fidgeted in his plain white t-shirt and started to play with his black jacket's zipper.

"Calm down." His closest friend, Trey, told him as he recorded. He had come all the way from the United States just to help. He and Darius had gone to the same high school and stayed in touch when he left.

Darius nodded. "Do you got the apple?" He nodded again. "The box with the ring inside?" He nodded once more. "Okay, now we wait."

Darius' grandmother was up on the rooftop, hidden in the shadows with an Ipod in her hand, ready to hit the 'Play' button. There was two entrances to the rooftop. Darius was waiting in the left one, his girlfriend was waiting in the right one.

11:08 p.m.

The grandmother hit 'Play', and Christina Perri's A Thousand Years started to play. His girlfriend stepped out onto the rooftop, her friend told her that there was going to be a meteor shower this night, and she believed her.

Alix stood as the music played, her red scarf and platinum blonde hair swaying in the gentle breeze, and she looked around in confusion. Then Darius stepped out, and walked towards the girl that he loves. He stumbles on the last step towards her, and she catches him, holding him gently, giggling at her clumsy boyfriend.

He gives her a sheepish grin and the music lowered. He gets down on one knee and she gives a little gasp, "Alix, you're my everything. You're talented, you're smart, you're beautiful, you're funny, you're foxy, you've got great music taste, you're creative, and most of all, you're you. You're so lovable. You're my hero. You helped me in my darkest hour, and I couldn't live in a world without you. I love you so much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So right now, at 11:11, I wish for you, Alixandria Juliette Thorne," He tosses her the apple and she catches it, slipping it into her jacket pocket. He pulls out and opens a blue velvet box, revealing a solitaire diamond on a golden band, "Will you marry me?"

She nods and smiles, and he slips the ring onto her finger. Alix pulls Darius up and kisses him, running her hands through his dark coppery hair, and their friends and his grandmother start cheering.

Alix takes out the apple and bites into it, eating the piece she bit off. She swallows and speaks, "Its sweet. Why'd you toss me it?"

"Because today is the Sweetest Day and the Apple Day in the U.S., and since you love apples, I remembered that in Ancient Greece, if you tossed someone you loved an apple, it was asking them to marry you." He explains.

She smiles at her nerdy fiancée as they start to exit the rooftop, "Je t'aime, Darius."

He smiles back, "Je t'aime, Alixandria."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~