9/ One death to another

Ree's Pov

Biting back the pain I kept going, pushing the bike to its limit as I exceeded any possible speed limit that was in the area. The wind threw my hair everywhere hurling my clothes backward as I clung to the handles as the grip of my left hand got weaker and weaker.

-----------------

I had no idea how long I had been driving. Where I was. If I was being chased. If anyone cared I was gone. If anyone noticed I was gone. If I was safe.

My mind was quickly being distracted from the fact my left arm had gone almost fully limp but when it did...My heart stopped.

In a matter of seconds, my left arm lost all strength it had left and I was no longer on the bike. My body was thrown back as I was ripped away from the other handle from the speed I was going. My body hit the ground bouncing as I felt multiple bones break and fracture at the force releasing a shriek from my dry cracked bleeding lips. 

Through blurry vision, I manage to make out the bike. It had crashed into a tree, its wheels ripped the handles no longer attached and leaking gas and oil everywhere. I small flicker sent alarm bells ringing in my brain as everything was suddenly doused in a toxic yellow flame.

It set on fire.

The burning mass of bright colours swallowed the tree and motorcycle in seconds using the gas to fuel its deadly intentions. That was when I realized I couldn't move. My lungs were burning and a searing pain shot through my chest with every small attempt to move. 

My bone had torn through the skin of my right leg leaving a pool of blood to gather around me. Ripped muscles and tissue were exposed to the rough gravelly ground I was laid on. The fire was growing letting off loud crackling growls.

Like a starved animal it feasted upon the trees only to grow in size quicker and quicker. And I couldn't do anything. I was stuck to watch as it slowly neared me and awaited my death I thought I had somehow managed to avoid mere minutes ago.

With my arm still bleeding from the bullet that was still jammed in there, a horrendously broken leg and broken ribs, I was stranded and injured. All I could do was lay there. Tears built up flooding from my eyes as I let out a broken cry of anguish.

"HELP! PLEASE, GOD, SOMEONE HELP ME," I screamed my throat dry and scratchy causing me pain as I cried out.
"SOMEBODY PLEASE," Desperation yanked my heart ripping it to shreds as it swallowed my words twisting them into shouts of despair.
"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANYONE," My urgent calls were lost in the trees or swallowed by the fire with them.

Or so I thought.

The sound of an engine near by caused me to cry louder.
"OVER HERE PLEASE! OVER HERE IM HERE!" A battered old blue pick up truck flooded my view and the tears turned from anguish to hope.
A middle-aged couple suddenly hopped out the truck and rushed over to me.
"Oh god, John help me get her into the truck okay," The woman stated acting quickly as they both grabbed me.

I bit my lip trying not to let out a small scream as the agony gripped my body tearing its dark claws into my skin. Soon I was being taken away from the fire and into the safety of the worn warm truck.

"You are gonna be okay sweetheart just hold on for us, okay sugar?" The woman gently placed me over the back seats and slammed the door shut while John leaped into the front seat.
The loud purr of the engine caused the vehicle to start with a sudden jolt and we were on our way.

"Mary phone the hospital let them know we have an emergency case that needs immediate assistance," John signals to the phone and with a curt nod, she complies dialing a number into the small device.

"Yeah, we have a young woman found by the side of the road. Gun shot wound to her left shoulder and we don't know if the bullets still in. Her bone had broken through the skin on her right leg because of a breakage and she was found by a crashed motorcycle that had set alight to the surrounding area. I think she may have some burns and broken ribs maybe a punctured lung," Marys slightly panicked tone shot down the phone to the operator.
The muffled response soon followed.
"We are taking her to you now...No, I haven't asked," She turned back to face me "Whats your name hun?" 

"Ree," I managed to gasp as my lungs burned within me making me think I was drowning. 
"Ree, Her name is Ree," Mary turned back to the phone but I could no longer focus.
A loud pitched sound overtook my hearing and all I could see was their lips moving.

My eyes grew heavy as a darkness slowly built over my vision blurring it them turning it black. Opening them again I see Mary's wide worried eyes her lips frantically moving trying to tell me something but I couldn't hear her. Just that loud ringing noise.

Again my eyes clamped shut but I felt a light slap on my face causing me to open them again. SHe had climbed into the backseat with me and was trying to keep me awake. Panic controlled her body as she tried everything she could to keep my eyes open and my attention on her. But It didn't work.

The overwhelming agony tortured my writhing body dragging me under into a pit of darkness drowning me slowly as my lungs collapsed and I couldn't breathe. Everything was crumbling around me until nothing was left except pain and my mind began to shut down from lack of oxygen.

I thought about how much stress and panic I had caused this poor couple in a matter of mere seconds and was slightly glad I was dying. I deserved it. I should have died long ago...

Soon I couldn't think anymore and I let out a final desperate attempt at a last breath.

At least I wouldn't die at the hands of my aunt and uncle...

------------

Looks like Ree has the worst possible luck to ever exist.

She is literally a representation of life.

You escape one mess only to get sucked into another....

ANYWAY!

Sorry for no updates 

Also thanks to Joker_Quinn3237 for giving me a little nudge to update.

Don't forget to vote and I will see you in the next chapter!

-T xox