6 / Bestest of friends

Ree's Pov

"You're parent's don't mind?" I question as he opened the door wide.
"No...They are never home anyway," His voice was low, sad.
"I-I'm sorry I-" Shutting up quickly I see him smile.
Tilting my head I gaze at him.
"What? What have I done now?" I question but he just shakes his head and drags me inside.
I bit my lip trying to keep in a gasp as I stared in awe at the room around me.
A soft cream horse-shoe shaped sofa sat snugly on a lower level as I gape at the huge TV facing it.
As I looked around I feel my legs being grabbed.
A small girl around the age of four looked at me smiling.
Her two front teeth were missing and her messy dark blond hair was pulled back so that it hung at her shoulders.
Her eyes were a deep blue color and her skin pale and freckled.
She wore a small mint green dress that had a white collar and a small black belt that was neatly pulled into a bow at the front.
"You pretty" She whispered holding out her arms and making grabbing motions with her hand.
"Tess that's rude," Dante scolded as I picked up the small girl.
Her hands gripped into my hair as I sat her on my hip smiling "It's okay" I chuckle seeing her play with my hair.
"EMMA I'M HOME!" Dante yells as his booming voice bounced off the walls.
"EMMA?" He question, trying a few more times before the silence drowned out his yelling.
"Tess...Where is the nanny?" Dante questioned frowning as his yells echoed back unanswered.
Her eyes grew big before she hid her head in the crook of my neck.
"Tess..." He said accusingly maker her eyes well up.
"She-she quitted" Tess mumbled sniffling.
"Not another one," I hear him growl before digging his phone out of his pocket.
He growled and stormed off into another room leaving me with Tess.
Her soft sniffles were heard and my heart broke.
"hey its okay Tess you're brother is just grumpy that's all" I smile and the plays with my hair while nodding.
"I guess" She snuffles before wiggling out of my arms so I put her on the floor.
Her small hand tugs on mine as she leads my up a large flight of stairs. 
The sound of our feet padding against the freshly polished oak floors was the only thing to be heard apart from Dante's yells.
His shouts of anger muffled beyond recognition but still noticeable as annoyance and frustration.
"Hey, Tess where are we going?" I question as huge smile forms on her face.
"My room! " She squeals happily and began running towards a light blue door.
As she pushed it open I gasp slightly.
It was covered wall to wall in posters and 'Adventure Time' themed things.
"I see you like the show Adventure time" I giggle and she nods.
"Yah! It is da bestest of all da shows!" She shouts happily.
I just chuckle as she shows me all of her toys and starts to squeal happily.
"Be right back!" She giggles before disappearing out her bedroom door.
I wait patiently while looking around her room.
The wallpaper was of Ice King's castle and mountains while the curtains were just a collection of all the characters.
She had a bay window and her bed was pushed in the back corner.
It was made from a collection of polished old logs and had some draws under it.
Sitting on the wall was a peppermint butler clock and mounted on the wall was Fin's sword.
In the center of the room was a small jake toy, yellow rug, and a lumpy space princess bean bag.
A small desk was in front of her window and held a small laptop full of games and different learning apps.
A few books littered the rest of the desk space and a few extra draws were dotted about the room so she had somewhere to hold her clothes.
I feel a small tug on my sleeve and I look down to see Tess her adventure time Pj's.

This girl was obsessed.

She grabs my hand and pulls me over to her bed

We both sit with our legs cross but she has her back to me and is talking about everything and anything.
"Want me to braid your hair, Tess?" I question and she begins to nod.
"Yeah! I haven't had my hair in braids in ages and ages. Mummy is never home to do it anymore. She is always at work..." I hear her tone suddenly turn sad.
"Well, you have me to do it now" I smile hugging her from behind.
"Really?" She questions and I smile.
"Really,"
After a while, I start to braid her hair causing her to giggle claiming that it 'tickles'.
"Ree...Can I ask you something?" Her quiet voice says after a few moments of silence.
"Sure go ahead Tess" I smile finishing her braids.
She had two going down both sides of her head and might I say she looked adorable!
"When you go back home...Will you come back to visit me?" She asks turning around to face me.
"Of course I will! Even if I have to climb up to your window I promise you will see me again," I state seeing her teary eyes state.
"We be bestest friends forever?" She sniffles and I smile softly at her.
"Bestest friends forever, promise" Satisfied with me answer she runs over and turns on a small TV sat in the corner of the room.
Turning on the TV she smiles happily seeing that adventure time is on.
Skipping back over to me she twists around so that the was sat in my lap and leaning against my chest. 
I reach over and grab a blanket to cover us both as we watch the continuous line of adventure time episodes.

2 seasons later she is fast asleep on my lap and I have awful pins and needles in my legs.
The tingling sensation grew before  I was forced to stand. 
Gently slipping her off my knee I lifted the blankets up and covered her.
Making sure she was still asleep I crept over to the door, flicked on the nightlight and turned off the main light.
Quickly glancing at the clock I sigh seeing it was already 6:30pm...
Time to go home...
Making my way down the stairs I make a bee-line for the front door.
Just before I managed to open it a strong hand grabbed my wrist.

"Leaving so soon?"

-----------------

Another chapter done!

How do you guys like Tess and her Adventure Time obsession????

Hope you guys like it anyway!

Comment?

Vote?

Follow?

MWAH!

Love ya!

-T xox