Chapter 9: Tori

"Hiya, I'm Tori!", the girl said. Her voice was gentle, but I don't know whether that was because of what just happened or that was just...her voice? She stretched out her hand, I shook it. Suddenly, she pulled me into a hug. No-one has ever done that, at least not a stranger I just met. It comforted me though. It was how true the hug was that made tears appear in my eyes. It was also how familiar the hug was, like this happened before - but when? I shuffled, an abvious sign I've had enough of hugs. Tori got the message and pulled away from me. Awkward.

"Hey, I'm Sharon, that's Sara", I pointed to Sara, who was already sitting down.

"Nice to meet you", Tori said. There was something about her, but I couldn't place it. "Now, excuse me for a while", she said, following Sanam - I think. 

"I wouldn't. You may come back with a broken nose, or might not just come back at all", Sara said. 

"Nothing can hurt me, no-one can hurt me. Everyone in the neighbourhood knows that"

"K, good luck then. We warned you, may peace be with you", I said smiling. She smiled back then rushed off. I was still staring after her. Komal started speaking. 

"5...4...3...2...1...0...", as soon as she said zero, Tori came rushing back. 

"I forgot to take food", she said. "And I went the wrong way."

"Idiot", Komal laughed. Tori laughed, then took a packet of Digestives and run the opposite direction from where she came a minute ago. "No need to worry about her. She'll be fine."

"She just went to talk to Sanam", Sara stared at Komal. "You do realize that's worse than going to the Navy..."

"Hahaha", Komal laughed. I forced a smile. I was so tired I didn't even want to laugh. I wanted to go to sleep. 

"Komal, do we have any rooms, or at least beds. I really wanna go to sleep", I yawned, just to prove. She smiled, so did Sara.

"Yeah, sure. Upstairs, the first one on the left is yours. All set up for someone, oh - by the way - you don't mind staying in the same room as Liam?", she answered. 

"Who's Liam?", I asked, confused. Who is Liam?

"A boy. Not only one. There's also Harry, Niall, Louis and Zayn. They're friends of mine. They are all free except for Niall, so I wouldn't go all touchy with him, or Tori will strangle you...and him", I looked at her. She obviously realized that I didn't know what she meant about Tori and Niall. Don't blame me. I was tired. "Girlfriend...and boyfriend". Oh.

"K, I'm fine. First one on the left, right?", I asked, yawning. Komal nodded. "K, thanks" I trailed upstairs, found my room (wasn't hard, it had a nameplate that said Liam) and plopped onto the bed. I instantly closed my eyes and started snoring.

Meanwhile...

Sanams POV

Sara, self harming? Nah, not possible. She couldn't have...she wouldn't. But I've seen her wrists. Stupid girl. I'm going back inside and having a go at her. Wait...I sound like a fucking mother, so no. I'm just gonna sit here until someone will decide to come out to me. Just then, I heard a door shut and footsteps coming towards me. Sharon. I turned to face her, but to my surprise - it was Tori (yeah we've met. Just now in the kitchen, I like her).

"Hey, you alright?", she asked. She didn't look at all concerned or worried. Her green eyes bright, smile on her face. Always that smile. It's cute.

"Yeah, I'm fine", I assured her. She didn't look convinced. I am that bad at lying?

"They all say that. I've heard it many times", she sat down next to me. She held out a packet of Digestives. Yes please! I took one, I was hungry. "You know, running away the problem isn't gonna get you anywhere".