The Gayest Beginning Possible: 1

Keith made his way down the cramped halls wreaking of cleaner and teenage angst. Interesting smell as it would be. Rounding the corner of the corridor he tried his best to avoid confrontation. Social situations were never exactly his strong suit. Keith knew how he must look to the general student body. A small, nerdy fag with glasses and a constant book in his hand.

He couldn't wait for college to escape this hellish building and all who inhabited it. Well, maybe not all. Two figures were approaching that just might make Keith's treacherous caffeine deprived Monday morning better.

"Whats up my bitch. What's got you in a slump?" The shorter of the two, Pidge, spoke. Despite being a year younger than him and 5 foot nothing, the little non binary ball of sass held their own against anyone who even dared to come within a five meter radius. With Pidge, if you find yourself underestimating them because of their generally petite size, scruffy hair, and Harry Potter on steroids glasses; you would find yourself with a bruised face (along with ego), a humiliating story, and all your social media pictures altered so Beyoncé was watching over you like a fairy-god mother in the background.

Keith sighed, pushing his glasses farther up the bridge of his nose. "Nothing, just feeling a bit of insomnia. No sleep."

The other of the pair that had approached him winced, covering her mouth with one tanned hand. "Sweetie you gotta take better care of yourself. If you want I can give you something to help you sleep. My dad gave it to me when I was little." The taller, Allura, stood about a foot above Pidge and somehow managed to look great despite the extra height. Keith had questioned her on it, but she didn't seem to care. As Allura easily pulled off the messy purple bun and tan sweater she was sporting.

"Or I can just give you a bottle of whiskey and book of poetry. Eventually you'll drink out of depression and pass out." Pidge offered but Allura swatted their arm.

"Pidge! He's underage and why the hell would you offer that?"

Pidge looked tiredly over, "I didn't hear you offer anything better."

Fortunately, the small argument was interrupted. Sparing Keith from yet another awkward conversation with the both, saying, once again, that he's fine. Unfortunately for the boy, or so it seemed, said interruption went by the name of Lance Mcclain.

"Hey hot stuff." Lance spoke as he strolled up to the small group, two other companions following behind him.

One, was Shiro, a senior like Allura, and was part of the small group of people taller than her. Standing somewhere around tree and giant at 6'4. Through despite the height, sharp features, and model worthy black and white hair, Shiro was a complete sweetheart... and one scary motherfucker when he got mad. Maybe he seemed so irreproachable because of the metal poking out from the skin of his left arm and hand. The guy was in a serious accident when he was a child, rendering his arm completely crushed. Though with some time, it was reconstructed mostly out of metal, making his arm look like something out of a futuristic sci-fi novel. Said appendage was also currently on display, as when walking over Shiro had rolled up the sleeves of his black collared shirt.

Standing at the same height as Shiro but with a little more width, was Hunk, who could have been mistaken for a large teddy bear, or an energetic marshmallow. He wore a grey shirt sporting the words 'cooking up some happiness' with a small heart underneath, a yellow bandanna holding back his slightly longer dark brown hair, and a constant smile. The mans whole demeanor looked inviting. And Keith knew from Home Ec. that he could make just about anything, and have it taste amazing.

"Keith, what's a cute guy like you doing without a hot guy like me's number?" Lance said, interrupting Keith's thoughts.

Keith sighed, another day of bullying from the worst person there is. Sometimes he wished the torment would end, even if the insults were a bit odd. He often wondered why Pidge didn't help stick up for him. They sure were capable enough, but instead they just stood there smirking and occasionally stifling a laugh.

Keith took a deep breath, getting ready to face his 'bully', "I'm sorry Lance, but I must be going and have no time to chat." Keith said and turned to face his two friends. "I'll see you in Home Ec.?" He addressed Allura, sadly having no classes with Pidge.

Allura appeared reluctant but nodded, looking like she wanted to say something. But Pidge, ever indebted, realized the time, grabbed Allura's arm, and hulled the taller down the hall shouting a haphazard goodbye in Keith's general direction.

"See ya later babe," Lance said to Keith as he passed to follow suit and head to class. What odd names to insult someone with, was all Keith thought.

With a sigh that just barely showed his physical and mental exhaustion, Keith trudged to his first class. AP chemistry, one he sadly shared with his 'tormentor'.

The first half the day was a convenient totally not purposely by the author blur. Keith labored to stay awake and pay at least a bit of attention to the teachers sleep inducing voices. He had also easily avoided Lance, as all his morning classes but the first were fortunately on the exact opposite side of the campus as Lance's.

Then lunch came strolling around, thankfully an hour long break is after the thirty minute lunch period (Keith's guess is that someone had been hangover when arranging the schedule). That being the case, a lot of kids go out or home to eat while some study and/or just hang around the school.

Keith, he was looking down at his phone, having already finished his food. He was texting Shiro- who to the surprise of just about everyone he was quite close with-to help him move. Keith was actually orphaned, well until now. That afternoon he was moving into his new parents house, should he call them that yet? Legal guardians? He didn't know. Keith's phone buzzed with a reply from Shiro, who said yes, before texting back a quick invite for him and his friends to come to a costume party with Pidge and Allura after. 

When that was all done Keith headed down to the music department, needing to work out his nerves before school ended. He proceeded to ask the teacher, who was off duty at the moment, if he could borrow the piano room.

"Sure, but it's in the auditorium right now because of a performance tonight. You should perform some time, you're very talented with the piano, and don't forget your voice too. I bet your soul mate will love it when they hear it." The man replyed.

Keith nodded in understanding, saying a quick thank you, and went off to the auditorium hoping no one was in there. He pushed open the heavy doors and started walking towards the piano. Keith sat down comfortably on the stool and started to play the tune that he knew by heart. Getting into the rhythm, he stared to sing. Suddenly everything else was irrelevant and all Keith was living for was that moment of music,

What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't bring you down
Share going on in that beautiful mind
I'm your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

My head's underwater
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love you- CRASH

"What the hell?!" Keith says jumping up out of the stool, straight out of his trance, and there he saw him with a stack of toppled metal chairs, Lace McClain with a goofy smirk on his face.

"Hi, uh, sorry to bust in on your private piano singing.... thing? I needed to get a chair for Mr.Garrison's science class." Lance says apologetically, "But sorry about ruining it." 

"No, it's alright I'll be going now. I need to get to my class on time." Keith responded, scrambling to gather his things. Lance was kinda cute there, Keith thought, then immediately shook himself. That boy flirts constantly with anything not in a relationship, and he was always insulting (coming onto) Keith, he needed to stay away. 

*time skip to Keith moving in because I'm a lazy ass person*

"Okay that's the last box for your room, unpacked." Shiro says glad that the work is done. Even though he mostly did all the heavy lifting. "Also do you have your Halloween costume ready for the party tonight? The whole gang is going to be there."

Keith chuckled, "Yes I do Shiro now calm down." 

Screw everyone I'm stopping it hear because it's already up to 1,535 words for this chapter.

As a more upbeat note from reeses_cups8, fuck you, cliffhangers are part of the authors playground of misery. But seriously, thank you for reading. :)