Nights and Neighbors

Kayden's POV

Getting home after hanging at Zayne's house to find a moving truck at the house next door was a real surprise. The house next to ours has been empty for years. Climbing up my ladder, I jump in through the window and throw my backpack in the corner. Grabbing my old crummy laptop, I looked up the article for the assignment we have to read for homework today. I'm not exactly an A plus student but I don't feel like failing. I at least have all C's and maybe a B minus somewhere in those grades. After looking through the article, I go to grab my notebook from my bag when I see someone from the window in the new neighbors house. He looks like a college student, around the age of nineteen or twenty. Has tan skin, Dark brown wavy hair, and dark hazel eyes that are actually the prettiest eyes I've ever seen. I couldn't see much of his body because the window cut it off, but with his really broad shoulders and ripped upper arms, you could tell he works out. When I noticed he was staring, I gave a quick wink. I didn't get much of a reaction to it, until he frantically went to grab something. He wrote something down on what looked like a white board and put it in the window.

'Hi I'm your new neighbor'

I smiled, reaching over to grab a piece of paper that shoved in the corner of my room. Grabbing a black sharpie, I reply:

'Hi, I'm Kayden, your really annoying neighbor.'

He smiled at the message and went to write something himself when my dad burst into the room with a beer bottle in his hand. I violently closed the window, not wanting my new neighbor to see what was about to go down.

"I saw y-you were g-gone today!" My dad yelled, throwing the beer bottle at my head. I ducked, letting the bottle smash against the wall behind me.

"Where were y-you!" He stalked over and grabbed me by the hair, dragging me to the bathroom connected to my room. The pain in my scalp was so bad I thought my perfect white hair was going to be gone by the time we make it to our destination. When we got to the side of the bathtub/shower, he started filling up he bathtub, but never letting go of my hair.

"I wish I never even met your mother, I wish I never got her pregnant, and I wish my son wasn't such a whore!" He was mumbling to himself as the tub filled up, my hair still in his fist. I tried to get away, but he was to strong. When the tub was filled up enough to his liking, he grabbed me by the back of the head and I knew what was coming. I tried to stop him by putting my hands on the side of the tub but it was no use. He shoved my head under water, holding it down. I tried to calm down, but I was having a panic attack and water kept coming into my mouth. He pulled me up, and shoved my face close to his.

"Maybe this will clean your sins you faggot." He said, shoving my head under water once more. I tried to stay calm, but when I was slowly running out of breath, he wasn't pulling me back up.

'Oh god, this is it, this is how I die.'

My head was getting light and the world around me started to spin until I heard a doorbell sounding noise. At first, I thought I was going insane. But then I was pulled out of the tub and thrown on the title. I took a huge intake of breath.

"Those stupid new neighbors, ruining my night! Don't leave this room!" My dad yelled, leaving my bathroom and locking my bedroom door as he left. When my breathing was finally at a steady pace. I felt a single tear roll down my cheek. I could have died! I almost did! I wiped my tears away and wobbled to my room. I changed into a dry black tee shirt and grey sweat pants. Not having the energy, I slam onto my bed, grabbing the little covers I have and curling into a ball.

'He almost killed me'

-----------

Asher

After dinner my mom insisted in bring some kind of dessert for the neighbors. After stopping at the other house next door, we go to mystery house. It looks so unkept and dirty I almost assume no one lives in it. But when I knocked on the door I heard the sound of loud stomps coming from a stairwell. The door flew open to reveal a raggedy old man with a wet navy tee shirt on and old jeans. You can tell he hasn't shaved in weeks and smells strongly of booze.

"What do you want." He spat, leaning on the door frame. My mother stood tall, holding out her tray of cookies.

"I made these snickerdoodles from scratch. I'm your new neighbor Darla and I'm pleased to meet you." She stated, holding out the cookies.

"Thanks." He grabbed the cookies, about to slam the door but I caught it.

"Is your son home? I'd like to meet him." I stated warmly, opening the door more.

"No, but Kayden's upstairs." He stated, slamming the door in our faces successfully.

"Well that was, odd." My mom shrugged, walking back to the house.

"I know there's someone in there." I whispered, waking around to the back of the house. Looking past the fence and into the backyard, I see a rusty red ladder attached to the two story window. Interesting. I wonder what that's doing there. Nothing more that I can do, I walk back to my house, trailing after my mother.

"Sweetie, please stay away from that house. And tell all the girls too as well." My mom says as she walks to the couch.

"I will." I smile and go to my room. Looking out the window, the curtain is still closed. Writing a note on my white board, I set it in the window and go to sleep. Hoping that the boy next door will see it.

It's been to long, sworrrrry!