Chapter 5

Brock send me back to the apartment after our supper at McDonald. He stopped the car and we sat in silence until he said, "Sometimes, what you saw its not what you think,"

I gave Brock a small smile, "Don't try to explain for him, Brock."

He sighed, getting out of his Tesla. He opened the door for me and helped me out of his car. When I got out, I saw Aden's Bentley, parked opposite us. He was leaning on his car. He straightened himself, crossed over to us, "You left without telling me,"

"Stew know where I went," I said and turned to Brock, "Thanks for the supper and the ride,"

"You went McDonald with him?" Aden snapped, his face hurt. "Sierra, what the hell?"

"You were busy with Carrie. I didn't want disturb you," I said, nonchalantly. Brock is watching us, without a smile.

Aden narrowed his eyes, "This is about Carrie? You could have come and look for me, I would have introduce you to her,"

"Give her a break," Brock added in, "This is all new to her and you expect her to blend in right away?"

Aden turned to him and his eyes red, "Hasting, I've been watching you putting your hands on my girlfriend. This is none of your business so get out of my face."

I watched Stew appeared at the corner of my eyes, getting ready to stop a fight. I quickly pulled Aden away, and looked at Brock, "Brock, thank you for tonight. You should go,"

Brock looked between us, nodded reluctantly, got into his Tesla and drove away from us. I took my hands away from Aden, headed up to my apartment with Aden trailing behind.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, my back facing him as I opened the door to my apartment. He sighed, "Sierra, talk to me."

"What do you want me to say?" I turned to him as we stood outside of my apartment, "She was adjusting your fucking tie in front of so many people. What do you want me to say? It's okay, Aden. I'll just stand aside for her. Is that what you want me to say?"

"I'm sorry," Aden looked at me with his grey eyes, "I should be more careful. She is the daughter of one of my investors. We haven't seen each other for ages."

"You don't see I put my hands on other people chest while talking, Aden. I don't belong in your world. So, please, leave me alone." I slammed the door in his face and bolted the door. Aden has the keys to my apartment, bolting is the safest way to make him stay away.

I woke up on a Sunday morning, with five missed calls from Aden and two texts from him:

Aden: I need to see you, Sierra, I miss you.

Aden: I'm outside of your apartment. Please.

Both texts are stated at 4am. I jumped out of my bed and opened the door. There was Aden, resting in front of my apartment, still dressed in his yesterday clothes.

He lifted up his head and gave a small smile when he sees me, "Sierra,"

He stood up and grabbed his suit. I let him in and prepared some coffee. He stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, "I spend the whole night, putting myself in your shoes. I'm sorry to let you witness that. Carrie is not my ex-girlfriend. It was rumours. I have nothing to do with her. Her gestures are indeed misleading. I will pay more attention in the future. Can you stop being mad at me?"

He stayed outside of my apartment since last night. How can I still stay mad at him? I turned to him, felt my body relaxed in his arms. He sighed in content, "I missed you,"

"Me too," I looked up to him, "Go and clean up, I will prepare breakfast."

His phone was ringing for five minutes after he went into the bathroom. I looked at the caller but it was listed as private. Should I take it or leave it? I don't think Aden will like it if I take his call.