Chapter 2

"No freaking way," Sloane Murray, my best friend I've met in high school, dumped the empty coffee mug into the sink and turned to me. She took her apron off, yelled across her café for her staff, "Jake! Take over me,"

"Sloane," I protested when she dragged me to a corner of her café, located just across W International. She placed me at a window seat, "You slept with Ad..."

I covered her mouth with my hand and whispered fiercely, "YES! I did. Lower down,"

Sloane leaned back, with her mouth agape, "How did it happened?"

I told her everything that happened last night.

Sloane pinched her nose bridge, "Can you give me the numbers to this week lottery? Do you know how fucking lucky you are? Oh my god, how's the sex?"

I glared at her, "I'm not going into details, Sloane."

Sloane rolled her eyes and said, "Okay so what happened after? Did he ask you to get out or you slept through the night with him?"

I squirmed uncomfortably in my seat, "He fell asleep, I got sobered and I left."

Sloane waving her hand around her ears, "I'm sorry. Can you explain what do you mean by 'you left'?"

I shrugged, "He is way out of my league and..."

"Oh my god," Sloane flicked her fingers to my forehead, "You fucking idiot! You sneaked out? What is wrong with you?"

"I did the right thing,"

Sloane closed her eyes, she turned to face the window and pinched her nose bridge, "Why do I have a friend like you?"

I smiled, checked the time, "We are good for each other. I've some data analysis to complete for next week's meeting." I stood up and took my bag, kissed my best friend on her cheek.

She sighed and put her apron back, "Don't forget Abby's birthday is next week." Abby is Sloane's four years old daughter.

I waved goodbye to her and sipped on my coffee as I pull out my keys to my old Honda. I drove back to my small apartment that I've gotten three months ago. Thank god for the two well paid jobs I have, I can finally move out of Sloane's house.

Before I found a job as business analyst in W international, I write business analysis articles for my good friend — Brock Hasting, owner of a publishing company. I still write for him during my free time.

I unlocked my door and stepped into my apartment, threw my coffee into the bin and hang my coat on the coat rack. My body froze when I stepped into my living area.

There he is, standing by the window with his back facing me, drinking a cup of coffee. His suit draped across my sofa arm rest. He is wearing black dress shirt and dress pants. He turned around with a sardonic smile, "Hello, Sierra."

I am speechless. How did he find me? How is he in my apartment? How did he find out my name? How....?

His piercing grey eyes looking right at me. He looked so intimidating, his eyes narrowed when he noticed I took a step back from him, "How...?"

He wiped his smile away, put his coffee on the table and crossed the room in few steps, "How did I find you? Well, thanks to the lucky draw, Sierra. I got your real name, your address, your resume, just from one phone call. Oh, I can even check your bank details. What you ate just now, where you get your usual coffee fix, or where you went yesterday. Oh wait, you were in my bed."

He placed my hair behind my ears. I watched his bloody sexy lips get closer to me and felt his breath by my ears, "So, let's start with why did you lie to me?"

My mind is in a fog. My body is in overdrive. My heart is pounding so hard I can barely think. "I..."

"Let me answer that for you. Did you think you are just another girl I slept with?" He brushed his lips lightly along my jawline and I nodded, my toes are definitely curled now.

His hands now wrapped around my waist, "Why did you leave, Sierra?"

The way he said my name almost made my knees buckled. I put my weight on him.

"Can't answer again? I have one in my mind," Aden kissed my shoulder, "Because I am your boss?"

I nodded again. Dammit, Sierra, how can you let him string you along just like this? Grow some balls, Sierra. But Aden seems to know how to get to me. He is hitting all the right spots on my body. He chuckled. The way he chuckle sound like music to my ears.

I am definitely insane.

"How did you get in?" I breathed out, still unable to think straight as he traced his fingers along my side, his lips kissing down my neck. Involuntarily, I let out a moan. "Aden,"

His lips curled up, "One of my security is very skilled in picking locks. Speaking of which, your apartment have very poor security management. What did you do to me, Sierra? You're on my damn mind the whole day. You have no idea how badly I wanted to go down to the analyst department and drag you out. You have no idea how painful it is to not look for you the moment I realised you're gone,"

He carried me to the sofa, placed me on his lap, pushed my head down to meet his lips, "I have never done this to other girls, Sierra. I have never wanted to look for them after one night. You're the first. How can I make you believe that?"

"Stop," I pushed him away. My head finally cleared and back on track. He didn't let me go. He tightened his grip on me, his brows creased, "What?"

"Stop," I repeated and put a distance between the two of us, "You need to leave. I am not interested in starting any sexual relationship or any other relationship with you."

He looked mad. He looked hurt. I flinched at his expression and struggled to get up from his lap. He gritted his teeth, "Why? Explain to me. Did I do something wrong? What can I do to make you change your mind?"

I gave up struggling. It is impossible to get out from his iron grip. I sighed in defeat, "You did nothing wrong, Aden. We are two... very different person. No matter how I see it, we are not going to work out. So, just leave it."

His face fell. He looked torn. My hands almost went up to his handsome face. "Leave it? I thought I could leave it when I woke up this morning. This is very new to me, Sierra. And, if you're telling me you don't feel the same, I'd call you a liar."

I looked away from him. I cannot deny the fact that my body craves for him.

He placed his finger under my chin to make me look at him, then brushed his thumb across my lips, "Stop thinking. You can keep denying it. You can keep running away from me. I won't stop chasing until I find out what you did to my heart, Sierra. So either you admit you feel the same as I do and we work this out. Or you can shut the door in my face and I will keep tearing down the door until you let me in. So, which one will you like?"

"What if you wake up tomorrow, you don't feel the same anymore? Are you going to shut the door in my face and ask me to get out?" I retorted.

He smiled, his grey eyes crinkling, "I doubt so, Sierra. What is it going to be, hmm?"

I looked down to his lips, I run my fingers through his hair and covered my lips with his, "We are not dating,"

"Mmhmm," He said, his arms wrapping around my waist, getting up with my legs hooking around him. Our lips still locked together, our tongues tangled as he went into the bedroom. He placed me down gently, removing his shirt, "As much as I'd love to try the dating thing with you, I'll try my best to take it slow. But no promises, Sierra."