"Ah, Professor Potter, so good to see you," the jeweler said, "I'll be with you in a moment." 

Harry saw that there were several other customers in the shop who, at the sound of his name, looked up and watched him walk up to the counter. Harry smiled and offered 'good mornings'. He got several smiles and nods in return. After several moments the proprietor came to stand in front of Harry with a small box in his hand. 

"Here they are, sir. Just as we discussed," he said as he opened the box. 

Inside was a pair of emerald stud earrings. Each stone was roughly half the size of the one on Ginny's engagement ring but with a similar cut and the exact color. He smiled as he looked at them. 

"They're beautiful. Thank you," Harry said. 

"It was my pleasure, sir." 

"We're all settled?" Harry asked. 

"Just sign here, sir, and Gringotts will make the transfer." 

Harry nodded and then signed the receipt with the offered quill. Then with a handshake and a last nod he took the small box and tucked it inside his robe. Next on his list was Flourish and Blotts. He had ordered a book for Abagail on famous artists, their works and techniques. While in actuality a muggle book, Flourish and Blotts was able to find it for him. 

They also discussed their most recent project for him, or the library actually. He left satisfied on both accounts. He also made purchases of a flying robe for Ted and few surprises for other family members. Ginny had done most of the Christmas shopping but Harry still liked to keep his hand in, so to speak. 

As usual the plan was for them to arrive at the Burrow around mid afternoon for Christmas Eve. A number of the family would be there for Christmas Eve dinner. Then it would be the rest of the family for all of the Christmas day festivities. The night before Christmas Eve, Harry had something special planned. James had been put to bed and Snuffles occupied most of the rest of the floor in the nursery. Abagail was upstairs working on something special she had said. This was perfect since he wanted to be alone with Ginny when he gave her the present. They were sitting in the living room enjoying the fireplace, listening to the wind blow the snow that had fallen for the last two days into drifts around the house. They both were reading and when Harry decided the time was right he put his book down and said, 

"Gin?" 

"Yes, sweetheart?" 

"If you don't mind, I'd like to give you your present now." 

"Now, Harry?" What about on Christmas day?" she asked. 

"Well, there will be so many people around and I'd like it to be just us two," he replied quietly. 

"Alright, if that's how you'd like to do it," she said, putting down her book and giving him her complete attention. 

He took out the small box and said, 

"These are just a small token to say how much I appreciate all that you do for me and for all the joy you've bought into my life. Joy that I never thought I'd have. If this box was meant to show you all the love I feel for you, I'd never had been able to fit it in this room, so this will have to do," he said. 

Ginny's eyes were already starting to fill up as he spoke and as he handed her the unwrapped box the tears began to stream down her cheeks. Then she opened it and she gasped a bit and then started to laugh, too. She sniffed a bit as she looked at her husband. 

"Oh, Harry. They're just beautiful," she said as she held up her left hand alongside the box. "They match perfectly. However did you manage it," she said then stopped as she looked into those beautiful green eyes. "Oh, yes," she said and laughed a bit more.