Chapter 10: Freedom! . . Or Not

Ice opened the door for them, eyeing Adam catiously. The young boy didn't mind, pushing his way through the door, he looks back at the room before Ice closes it shut.

"We'll rescue you all," Adam heard Ice whispers before he closed the door.

White's loud and heavy footsteps rang through the hallway. She felt like she's being watched. Her eyes look up, for any security cameras. Ever since they gave them their bracelets all cameras seemed to have disappeared.

They're becoming too confident in themselves. And I still need to know more about that stupid guard. White thought.

Her bracelet beeps, red light emitting from it. "Shit," she whispers to herself, using the word she hears a lot of guards say. Her eyes land on her friends behind her, their bracelets were beeping an blaring red too, except for Adam's. It wasn't even making a single sound.

"Why is yo-" But she didn't finish her statement, someone else butted in.

"72, 182, 9," a girl with jet black hair that touched her shoulders, stopped them. Her skin was pale and she was covered with black clothes. A black shirt, black leather pants, army boots and a leather jacket. She wore clothes so similarly to Dimitry's from a while ago. "Back to your cages!" She orders, bringing out a small gun and pointing it on Angel. "Now!"

"Di!"

The girl turns around, glaring at Dimitry, her hands in a fist. Her black hair covering half of her face, but rage was clearly written on her face. She clenched her teeth, her eyes locked on the other guard. White never saw a female guard in the whole Compound, but she was sure that this girl was supposed to be respected, even though she was around the same age as her.

"What!" She shrieks at Dimitry, her blue eyes glaring daggers onto the "innocent" guard.

"Stop it! They can go," he mutters.

She shuts up for a moment, her eyes growing wide and curious. Her lips parted just a little bit, and the whole hall turned silent. No one was there. Just the six of them. Somehow the girl, Di, made all the scientists flee.

She still doesn't reply to Dimitry. Silence reigned until finally, Ice asked: "What exactly are you and her doing here?"

This seemed to shake Di out of her trance. "I'm here to capture you . . . duh?"

White crosses her arms, rolling her eyes as she smirked at the female guard. Already regretting how sre she was about respecting her. Now she figured out that she could easily lose her cool. Dimitry seemed to notice this too, so he gives out a low laugh, making the girl glare at him.

"Feet apart and hands up, now!" She orders, but none of them follows her orders except Adam. "I said now!"

"Di, I said shut up!" Dimitry shouts through gritted teeth, his eyes menacing. "I let them go,"

"What! You let them go! Why!" She shouts ever sentences so loud that White couldn't take it anymore.

Grabbing her bracelet, White tugs hard on it, Ice catches what she's doing and does the same thing. They tried this several times ever since they gave them their bracelets, and as expected, it still stuck to them. Sometimes White thought that the blood going to her wrist and right hand almost never flowed anymore. That one hand looked so pale compared to her left.

She sighs, obviously disappointed that she couldn't simply slip it off like a normal bracelet. It felt like was was glued to her wrist, never able to come back out.

"Because I wanna see Princess at her finest!" He answers cooly, winking at White. Ice catches this move, clenching his teeth and fists, he was ready to grab the blond buard by the neck. "Hold it Pretty Boy, no need to get all violent with me," Dimitry warns, a big grin on his face.