- r -

"Yeah, no...I understand Mr. Diez, I'll see if someone else could go pick them up. It's fine, really. Okay, thank you. Bye."

Harry hung up the phone again. He had called most of their neighbors and even a few other friends from the wizarding world. Everyone was busy. If he hadn't just gotten to work he would have went and got the boys himself.

He thought for a moment and sighed. The next number he punched in felt strange as he keyed in digits he hadn't gotten quite used to yet.

"This is DL," the voice said confidently and relaxed and Harry almost hung up.

"Uh- er- Draco, I need your help."

"Harry?" The confidence in the blonde's voice was gone just as quickly. "What's going on?"

"The boys are kind of stuck at school and they need to come to the hospital." Harry pushed the words out in a rush. "Do you know anyone who could-uh pick them up. Everyone I called was busy."

"I- er- uhm-" He started mumbling as he thought everything through. "Uh- well Pansy is at work, I think. Blaise is too probably. I wouldn't trust Theo or Millicent with kids..." After a moment Draco spoke up. "I could uh- I could call Mother."

Harry gulped at the implications that offer held, but he knew his boys came first. He nodded until he remember Draco couldn't see him then he cleared his throat and agreed.

"Y-yeah. Okay, great. She can just- uh yeah. Alright."

"I'll call her now," Draco said before disconnecting the call and properly freaking out. Why did the boys have to go to St. Mungos? How serious was it that Harry called him for help? Was Harry even going to tell him otherwise..?

He took a deep breath. Harry didn't owe him any explanation. He balked at that thought. James was his, sure, but it wasn't his place to tell Harry how to raise him. Especially after he walked away. Again. He hit himself in the forehead and rubbed at his eyes.

How could he even do that? Harry had left himself wide open and he left the darker man there again, this time with two kids and no help- It wasn't like Harry was expecting grand things from him, all he needed to do was help with kids that were just as much his responsibility as they were Harry's.

Draco shook his head. Harry was always better at that, the 'taking responsibility' parts. Sure Draco could accept mistakes and work despite them, but Harry sodding Potter had a way of accepting his mistakes, taking full responsibility of them and working with them to fix whatever he had cocked up in the first place.

It was one reason Draco had fallen in love with the git.

He paced back and forth across his hotel room as the phone rang against his ear. He had taught his mother how to use one years ago. Even she found it much easier than floo or owl post. The call went to voicemail and he dialed again. Well when she actually answered the bloody thing!

Hello, this is Narcissa Malfoy nee Black's phone. I'm busy just now, but if you leave a message I'll return your gesture at my earliest convenience.

Draco rolled his eyes and dialed again. On the second ring she picked up.

"Bloody hell, Draco!" she yelped. "Who's dying?"

"No one, I don't think, but I have a huge favor to ask of you and I will explain it all later."

She sounded skeptical as she agreed, but agree she did.

"What exactly are you asking of me?"

"I need you to pick up two young boys from a partially muggle area and take them to St. Mungos."

"And why, may I ask, am I kidnapping children?" Draco could practically hear her eyebrow raise over the phone. He rolled his eyes.

"Mother, please! I will explain later." Draco was pleading now. He had to prove to Harry that he could help. Even on tour. Even if they weren't together. He could help provide and protect like he should be doing as a father.

"Fine," she said, but her voice was to calm and Draco knew that meant he was nowhere near being off the hook.

"Thank you," he said before adding, almost as an afterthought: "I'll send you the address to the school." He hung up but his mother had blanched on the other side.

"School?!"

--:--

Narcissa Malfoy was more than a little confused as she walked into a small, modern, brick building. Her high heels clicked across the hard tiled floor as she marched towards a door with a main office sign on the small window.

She rang the bell twice then a third time when no one arrived. As she finally heard footsteps she straightened her perfect posture even more before placing a hand on the side of her head to make sure her hair was still pulled back into place.

The woman who came around the corner looked old, though happily so. She smiled and spoke to Narcissa as if she had no idea who she was. The younger woman couldn't help but smile back.

"Welcome to Merlin's Primary Wizard Academy. What can I help you with?"

"I'm Narcissa M- Black! Narcissa Black. I'm here to pick up two little boys..." Narcissa spoke precisely though she wasn't sure how to go about the situation. "They're supposed to be heading to St. Mungos. I'm their transportation."

The older witch nodded and began talking while leading Narcissa down a hallway towards the nurses station.

"Oh yes! Right this way, Ms. Black. Shame they're suspended, they were only having a bit of fun. And that boy- oooh." She shook her disappointedly while smacking her lips in annoyance. "His parents were a bloody handful too."

"I'm sure," said Narcissa lightly trying to keep the woman from asking too many questions.

"Sorry about this, we did fix them up the best we could. Nurse Clairmont doesn't have much magical prowess in this regard. She's only a fill-in, see? She did get the splints set nicely though."

Again Narcissa only smiled. The woman opened the door to what she assumed to be the nursing station without much preamble.

Before Narcissa could say anything two sets of eyes looked up at her and she froze. There wasn't a way she wouldn't know those kids.

"Hey!" croaked the smaller one holding his side. "I know you. You're in dad's picture album. He told us you saved his life."

"Yeah," agreed the older boy looking at her suspiciously and she was startled by how much he looked like Andromeda when he did that. "What're you doing here?"

She floundered for a moment before catching her composure.

"I'm here to take you both to St. Mungos." She gave them both a tentative smile and the younger one almost beamed as he tried to shimmy himself off of the nurses exam table, forcing the paper to crinkle way more than necessary.

"If I could get down," he started while still trying to figure out the best course of action. "-I'd say that'd be brilliant."

Oh, Draco...she thought while shaking her head. What is going on here?

-&-

hey futher muckers
it's been like a week

im getting better at this update thing

slowly

welp hope you guys liked this
idk how i feel about it yet

loves yall

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋