- h -

At precisely 8am the following morning Harry heard two distinctive noises. One was the insistent ringing of his wand notifying him of a call, the other was the obnoxious sound of his doorbell. He stuffed his wand under his pillow and rolled over under the blanket.

The buzzer went off again and he growled a little in his throat before tossing off the cover, pulling on a tee shirt and heading to the door.

He made it down the stairs mostly in one piece. He was rubbing at his eyes with one hand as he yanked open the door with a tirade already falling from his lips before he was finally able to open his eyes and see properly.

"'Mione, I told you the last time you tried to get me to come with you to the damn meeting I don't have a proper sitter. Not to mention it's eight in the bloody morning why not schedule these things for-" He blinked a few times. "You aren't Hermione."

Draco Malfoy was standing at his door looking a mix of nervous and annoyed, wand still ringing in one hand while the other was outstretched towards the vicious doorbell.

"No, I don't suppose I am." Though he looked down at himself as he dropped his hands, like Harry's words would make it so anyway. Harry pinched the bridge of his own nose before opening the door wider for the blonde to enter his home. He started making his way towards the kitchen to fix some coffee, confident that the other man was right behind him.

After sitting at the kitchen island in silence he ran a hand through his hair and looked at the other man again.

"Why are you here, Malfoy? You probably didn't know, but weekends are when I get a chance to sleep in." He was talking with his head in his hands, trying to wipe the tiredness away from his face.

"I was free this morning. I have a benefit show later this afternoon and I thought I could come see you, James and Teddy. I wanted to go out and do something." He spoke like a child himself, excited to have someone to play with during all his free time. Harry sighed as he stood to pour them some coffee. He didn't think it would help, but it gave him something to do.

"It's 8 in the morning. On a Saturday. What exactly are you trying to do? Everyone with an ounce of sense is still sleeping!"

This seemed to deflate the other man a bit.

"You're such a buzzkill," pouted the blonde.

"Yeah," snapped Harry. "It's called parenting, ya know, responsibility? But then again, you wouldn't know anything about that!" Harry quickly shut his mouth at the same time Draco, who was about to protest, did. The darker man took a sip of his coffee then a few deep breaths. "Look, Draco, that was uncalled for. I'm sorry." He inhaled deep again before exhaling and speaking partially through clenched teeth."What exactly are you planning to do this early on the weekend?"

Draco shrugged, properly told off.

"Maybe just going to the park. I don't really know. I just wanted to see all of you again. Before last night, I hadn't seen anyone familiar in what felt like forever. Mother comes to visit me sometimes, but it costs so much for an international floo call and she won't let me pay for it..."

The blonde stood abruptly with his long forgotten Malfoy mask sliding brokenly into place. He hasn't had to use it in so long. He turned away from Harry when the ravenette wouldn't let him avoid his gaze. "Actually, I should go see Mother. She should be up for tea, don't you think?" He was talking over himself and Harry chuckled.

"Draco, sit down. I don't mind you being here. I'm glad you want to spend time with Jamesie, but it- you know what? Okay. You go wake them both up and it's your day." Harry stood up and put his mug into the sink before grabbing a spatula and pushing it into the taller man's hands and against his chest. "That includes breakfast. I'm going back to bed. Wake me up when it's time to go out on this little 'family-fun-day' or whatever the hell you want to call it."

Draco sat sputtering while Harry only patted him fondly on the shoulder then made his way back upstairs and into his bed.

"Potter, you great ponce!"

Halfway up the staircase Harry opened his mouth and shut it quickly when he realized his natural response was to say Love You too. Glad that the blonde couldn't see him from the kitchen he jogged up the rest of the steps and slammed his door quickly. He peeled his shirt off and fell face first into the bed. The ravenette was asleep so quick he didn't even remember the slip up by the time James finally hopped on his bed for breakfast.

"Dad! Guess what, guess what, guess what!" James was bouncing on the bed with  a huge grin. Harry sat up, a little better rested, before placing a hand on his son's shoulder. When he opened his eyes James was trying his hardest not to bounce and let out more loose flour from his ruffled hair.

"What, Jamesie?" asked Harry with a smile tugging at the sides of his lips.

"It's JL, remember," groaned James.

"Of course it is," placated Harry. "So what am I guessing for, JL?"

"Breakfast."

"I have to guess for my breakfast? I think it's too late, James. It looks like you're kind of wearing my breakfast," said the man fondly while brushing more flour from the boy's hair.

"Da~d," he whined. "I'm not wearing it I helped make it. Just come see!" He climbed off of the tall bed then grabbed his father's hand to urge him out of the bed as well. Harry tried to push his son out of the room so he could find a shirt before heading back into the kitchen where he knew Draco would be standing in all his proud, blonde glory.

There was another insistent tug of his hand and he looked down at James' excitement before forgetting the shirt completely and following his son down the stairs towards a destroyed kitchen and two excitable blondes.

Harry shook his head, but he couldn't help the smile that stretched across his face as he stepped through the threshold to the mess on the other side.

-&-

monday & friday
monday & friday
monday & friday

maybe if i say it enough
i'll stick to a schedule

hope yall enjoyed
love yall

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋