Chapter 5- Dream from the Past

"Fuck" I smash my fist on the wall in my despair. I need to find a way around it, my only choice is to resist it's control. It's never been done before, but there's always room for a first. Siron has already forced me once before to slay my own brother, so I know the feeling of it's grip, that should help me out a bit.

At last I allow my mind to wander away into a sleep.

_______

The handle is smooth as though forged of shadow, it sinks into my soul, wrapping it in the blankets of night which blind my heart and soul. My body moves of its own accord, I can tell what Siron wants. I know what he's doing.

There my brother lays on the gleaming tile floor, winded and wounded, helpless. Nothing I can do, no matter how hard I try, I can't stop my movements. The soul of Siron himself releases his hand from the sword to control me.

"NOOOOOO! LET ME GO YOU BASTARD! STOP!" My cries do not come from my mouth, but remain trapped and locked away unheard in my head, tears want to burst out; but Siron is cruel. He holds in all my tears, forcing a wide toothy smile to my face. So here I am, locked away forever in a cage within my body. Serving as a host.

The shadow that belongs to my invaded body washes over my older brother, my hand lifts and my mind collapses in terror and complete desperation. It drops to gravity and pierces his hand, a scream echoes through the desolate air. The Sword of Siron lifts again, plunging into his other hand. Blood dark and thick pools around them. Tears silver in the light, eyes wide reflect a moon, certainty of his death overcomes his face.

"I know you're in there Claire. I love you. Keep living...for me." Courage he wears on his skin, a courage I still reach to obtain. And the blade slices both his feet, but my dear brother stands. I know him, he will die in honour for a cause, not meaninglessly. There is a difference great and vast between risking your life and throwing it away. By no means will his life have been for nothing.

The silver soul takes his hands, yet the pain does not escape my brother. His very blood pours down and smears on the ground. Yet there, planted on his flawless face, remains an everlasting smile. One accepting a doom and making the best of his last breaths.

Horror and pain shadow me, I feel numb and lost, swirling into a deep despair. How will I live with myself.

My brothers arms fly off clean, blood spatters me, my screams ring empty and useless. His head is gone, his body falls, but still the smile remains.

________

Where am I? Suddenly I'm sitting in the comfort of silk, dawn leaking through my blinds and melting into the covers, birds chirping a tune of joy, and everything is at peace but my mind. Being thrown from one horror into another. From one locked caged to the next.

My stomach gurgles loudly at me in demand of food. "Yeah yeah I'm going" I sigh. How crazy am I? Talking to my stomach like that? Ugh, whatever, crazier the better. There's a sharp stabbing pang in my gut. That was a phrase me and my brother always used to say.

Everybody everywhere thought we were genuinely insane. I recount jumping from tree tops, racing around the mall, doing legitimately crazy and inhuman parkour.

Food, right. A grin from the good memories has come to me, and it grows wider since I'm glad I can be actually smiling for real.

Hey, at least I won't have to be at school for a while. I have no idea why the 'Big Man' chooses me for all his dirty jobs as you might call them, I'm not special or anything, just an ordinary teenage girl who happens to be in the Rich Ring, as it has been titled. Anyone could learn what I have really. Trouble just loves stepping on my heels.

The garden in the yard proves strong and bountiful through the kitchen windows as I make myself a delicious omelette. I take out my phone and ignore all the texts to put on some music. So here I am, just a regular teenage girl dancing to music in the kitchen and cooking an omelette. Though I'm not totally ordinary.

Steam rises in whisps with the smell of gourmet food, I spray salt and pepper on top as the finishing touches before digging in; for I don't know when I'll have another meal good as this, I'm leaving right after lunch today. Too much hassle to phone the school. They'll figure it out eventually.

Somehow I continue to smile throughout the morning, eating, dancing, singing, cleaning, and just letting loose. Suddenly I'm thankful for everything I've got or had. A mansion to myself, a dog...wait! I must phone Steeven! I want my dog Genesis to come with me!

Packing can be done quickly after. I whip out my phone and dial his number from memory, the phone rings and rings for what seems like eternity. "Come on Steeven! Pick up your damn phone!" I stomp my foot on the ground in great agitation.

"Hey, sweetheart!" He finally answers in his sly voice.

"Oh shut the fuck up Steeven!" I yell out my irritation at him.

"That's no way to talk before asking a favour of me!" He chuckles and I blush, glad he can't see.

"Suck it up you bastard." I say in exasperation.

"So what's up sweetheart?" Steeven asks me.

"I need Genesis for the mission, have her here before one o'clock." There's a pause after my demand.

"Alright, Big Man approves your request sweetheart!" another sly chuckle. I hate his fucking guts. Why can't Siron kill your worst enemy? I hang up without another word. Staring in dismay at the screen and hatred at his number, but continue dancing and rocking out to the music after remembering I'll get to see Genesis at last!

 Staring in dismay at the screen and hatred at his number, but continue dancing and rocking out to the music after remembering I'll get to see Genesis at last!