Chapter 3

I didn't sleep well at all that night. My thoughts managed to keep me awake for most of the night, and when sleep finally took over at 3 am, it was my dreams that prevented me from having a peaceful sleep.

It wasn't bad dreams though, no. They were actually quite pleasant, but so confusing. As usually I couldn't remember one bit about them in the morning, only one thing stayed in my mind. A voice. His voice.

As weird as it may sound, the beautiful voice of my "Secret Admirer" was so intruding, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Not for an hour, not even for 5 minutes. It kept getting back into my mind. So of course, the first thing I did after waking up, was checking my phone for more messages, but except for the few he had sent me yesterday evening, asking if I was mad at him, there were none.

Despite my tries to not let the guy affect me and my feelings too much, I couldn't help but feel disappointed to not find any messages. It may sound stupid, but I was really hoping for one to have arrived over night.

Hoping a nice, hot shower might help to banish every thought about my "Secret Admirer" from my brain, I slowly got up from my cozy bed and made my way to the bathroom attached to my room. Of course it wasn't as easy, even after putting music on and singing loudly along with it, he just wouldn't leave my thoughts. And since dreaming and thinking were things I would do all the time, I couldn't just stop doing them and concentrate on something different.

I got done with my shower half an hour later and put on some clean clothes, before blow-drying my hair. I intended to go out with Liam and Niall later, so I wanted at least my clothes and hair to look presentable. Because after looking into the mirror I had decided my face, or rather my eyes looked more zombie-like than human-like, due to my lack of sleep.

After eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast, I went back into my room and turned on my laptop. Checking for any news on Facebook, trying to take my mind off him. I groaned in frustration. I honestly behaved worse than the main character in one of those stupid, soppy teenage love movies.

I was about to slam my laptop shut, when the familiar sound of an incoming message from my phone made me stop dead in doing so. Before I could mentally tell myself to calm down and get the phone in a calm, manly way, I had already jumped up and was skipping over to the phone, laying on my bed. So much for not acting like a 10 year old.

"Like white waves crashing on a restless sea

Beautiful blue as sky in summer's day

Your eyes appear so wonderful to me

And marvel me in so many ways.

Your eyes are stunning, love <3 Hope you're not mad at me anymore! :) xx"

Reading the message over and over again, my heart literally made backflips. As cheesy as the poem was, it still was really damn adorable. I mean, come on, how often do you get someone writing a poem for you? Grinning like a fool I typed a reply, not wanting to waste any time, even though it probably made me seem a little bit too eager.

"You're kind of really cute :) And nope, I'm not mad anymore. Haven't been mad at you anyway, just at myself."

Remembering what Niall had said the day before, I added an "x" at the end of the message and hit reply, after reading it over one last time. I then placed my phone down on my desk and continued scrolling through the internet, my left hand laying right next to the silver, shiny object, able to grab it as soon as another message would arrive. It took no time at all for him to reply and I hastily unlocked the phone to read what he had answered.