Chapter 1

LOUIS' P.O.V-

History was as boring as ever. Mrs. Young went on and on about people and events that happened more than 100 years ago. Does anyone really care?

I ignored her and turned my head to the side, gazing out of the window, letting my daydreams take over as always. If you asked any of my friends to say one thing about me, they’d all say the same thing: Daydreamer.

I spent my whole time in school dreaming, and thinking about things no other person would spend thoughts on. For example, how do we know the colour we see is the same someone else sees? Although many people before me have already asked that question, I just couldn’t let go of it.

So I spent my History class once again thinking just about that, but my thoughts soon were interrupted by my phone vibrating in my pocket, telling me about a new text message.

I looked up at Mrs. Young to make sure she wouldn’t catch me. Since she was now scribbling some dates and events on the blackboard, I took the risk and swiftly pulled my phone out of my pocket, unlocking it.

1 new message from: Unknown number

I hesitated a moment, before opening it. Why would a stranger text me? I wasn’t exactly popular and only got texts from friends, if any. So it took me rather by surprise when I realized what the text said.

“ You should really pay attention, gorgeous. Looking out of the window won’t get you good grades xx”

I quickly looked up from my phone, my heart beating faster and scanned the classroom, searching for someone rather looking in my direction than at Mrs. Young, but of course everyone’s eyes were set on the front of the room, nowhere near my seat at the back of the classroom. Though, did I really expect anyone to stare at me or something? If the sender of the message would have wanted me to know his or her identity, he would’ve put a name at the end of the message, right?

I took another look at the message and smiled slightly at the use of the word gorgeous and the two “kisses” at the end. My face flushed and I quickly tried to hide it behind my brown fringe. Whoever had sent the message, didn’t need to see me blushing over it. I was being stupid anyways, it was only a text message after all, nothing special.

But then again, I wasn’t the kind of person to receive such messages. I wasn’t popular, I wasn’t exactly stunningly beautiful, I was nothing special. Just an average teenage guy.

I spent the rest of History class with watching everyone in front of me, wondering if the person I got the text from would maybe turn around and smile at me or at least give me some kind of sign, but nothing happened. No one glanced at me and I didn’t get any more messages.

The bell eventually rang, signaling the beginning of lunch. I swiftly stood up, glad to have something to take my mind off from thinking about the mysterious person. When I entered the cafeteria my friends, Niall and Liam, were already sitting at our usual table, chatting happily away.

“Hey Lou." They greeted me, stopping their conversation for a moment. “Are you alright?” Liam asked after looking at me for a moment. “You look a bit flustered, mate.”

I gulped, my face heating up in the slightest. How was it possible that a simple text from some creepy stranger could make me go all flushed, that even Liam, the last person to see such subtle things, noticed the slight blush on my cheeks and my eyes darting around the cafeteria.

“ I’m okay, just uhm… a bit confused, I guess.” I mumbled as I sat down next to them, not bothering to get something to eat, as I wasn’t really hungry. “Why are you confused?” Niall asked, now also eyeing me curiously. I shrugged, not daring to look him into his eyes, fearing I would blush again under his questioning gaze.