Chapter 1

WARNING! IZURUXSHUUHEI IN THIS CHAPTER!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT....well...then that's too bad because not only is it a great ship, but it's important.

Renji watched as his two friends, Shuuhei Hisagi and Izuru Kira got married. They were soulmates. Everyone knew this because of the red string attached to their middle finger on their left hand. This string of fate lead souls to their soulmate.
"You may kiss the-! Uh..ummm...meh whatever just kiss each other!" And so Shuuhei grabbed Izuru's face and gave him a long, passionate kiss infront of everyone. Their red string of fate slowly turned into a glowing gold one.
If the string was gold, that means you've found each other and have joined your hearts as one. If it's red, you haven't found your soulmate yet. If it was white, you were to remain single unless you were able to tolerate another white strung person. If it was black...well..the person died. It was quite cruel if you thought about it...What if you never knew who they were? What if you never found them?
Renji still hasn't found his. He fiddles around with it everyday, wondering who it might be.
As more battles pass, more people die, and the options become smaller. At this point, Renji didn't care whether they were a guy or girl, young or old, and weak or strong. As long as he found them.
That was his mission of eternity.