S.O.S.

As I board the boat I smell the salty air and I feel the cool breeze flow through my bushy ,dirty blond hair.

This is the day I start school on a boat. this is the day my grades made a difference in my life. "Welcome aboard the scholar cruise ship! We all thank you for taking part in the Florida Honors's 11-14 society and scientific study!" the intercom shouts.

"Ms. Haily Barns?" a man in a grey tuxedo. "Yes'm," I answer. "Follow me to your state room." the man commands. "Uhhh...." I stutter looking to parents. " They stubbornly wave me away and I follow the man in the tux to my room. On the way I learn his name is Nick. On the way to our rooms Nick walks past midship on deck 5. "Um... you do know the student staterooms are on deck 7 right?" I ask. "Of coarse! We are in deck.... 5!!!! Darn it, c'mon let's head to the stairs!" he says turning around.

We finally arrive at my room half way out of breath because Nick kept taking the wrong turn! "Room 7073?" Nick asks. I check my student I.D," yup that'll be me!" I open the door and I look around and see 2 full beds ,1 bathroom ,1 shower room ,and 2 dressers. From the looks of it , it looks like my room mate has already been in here. "Miss if I were u, I would put your stuff down and look for your classroom. It was supposed to start 5 minutes ago." Nick says pointing to his watch. "Oh crap!" I exclaim. As I run out the door Nick hands me a planner with a map in to.

I open up the map and go down to deck 2. As I walk into the class, all the students look directly at me. I smile nervously, curtsy ,and scurry to my seat. "Hello I'm Harry your world history and health teacher." Says a skinny tall man. "I'm Rachel your language arts and art teacher." Says a girl with strawberry blond "My name is Oliver or Oli and I'll be your science and P.E. teacher." Says an average height man. "And my name is Alissa and I'll be your math and chorus teacher!" says a loud dark women.

" Right now we are going to play a game called minute meet it's were u find a partner In 1 minute and u compete a challenge with them! we will do this 5 times! ready and go!" Alissa shouts. I lean over to the girl next to me with her nose in a book. Her name tag reads 'Faith'. " Hi, um, Faith? Would u like to be my partner?" I ask. Faith looks at me. "Do I have to?" She groans. My jaw drops to the floor. Faith starts laughing so hard she starts to hiccup. " I'm joking! (hic) I'm joking!(hic) Of coarse I'll be your partner(hic)!" We both laugh so uncontrollably that I fall back in my seat. I start to laugh even harder (if that's even possible.) " Ok now for the challenge! You and your partner will sit on your butts, back to back, lock arms, and first team to stand up wins!" Alissa shoats. Luckily Faith was really good at concentrating so we came in first place!

When it's time to pick our next set of partners there's a crowd of people around Faith and I. I become partners with a girl named Fallen. " Challenge number two has you go around the boat and and get 5 autographs from 5 different red heads!" Alissa hollers. After the challenge Fallen and I come in 4th place. My next partners name is Olivia and it turns out she's my room mate! "Ok now you guys will go up to deck 9 and order a plate of fries and smother them with mayo and ketchup! Then bring them back here and first team with them all eaten wins!" Alissa yells. After the challenge Olivia and I come in 2nd place! Now my fourth partners name is Willow. " Challenge number 4 is were you'll walk around the boat and get 15 high fives from 15 different people with 1 person blind folded," Alissa says pointing to the door. After this challenge we didn't do to well... We came in 7th place.

Now for my last partner I have to have a guy. I sigh and curl my hair anxiously with my finger because the last time I ever had a real conversation with a guy was before my breakup with Tyler. I take a few steps and backwards and bump into something that startled me so much I fell to the floor. " Oh, sorry." the boy says as he looks down at me. he reaches his hand down and I grab it. He then pulls me up to my feet. " My name is Brandon." he says as gorgeous eyes glimmer. " I'm Haily." I blush. "Would you like to be my partner?" he asks dreamily. I bat my eyelashes and bite my lip." Sure!" " Ok people, for the last challenge we are going to have just dance battle! The team to win the most rounds wins!" Alissa screams. After dancing every drop of energy out of me Brandon and I come in first!