Shift in Gears p.1

~•Your POV•~

The boy, Cole, pulled me aside. He seemed nice. Our conversation still rang in my head.

"Nice to meet you Cole. I'm Y/n, but I'm guessing you already know that." He gave me a cute smile, and laughed a little.

He sighed. "I missed you Y/n. You were so important to me. We used to be friends." Another person I was friends with. Amazing.

What he said next was surprising. "I wish we were more than friends though. Anyways, I hope your memories return to you." He left, leaving me in complete shock.

I shook the thought out of my head. I need to focus on whats happening right now. When I come back to reality, I remembered where I was. Sitting next to the other Gladers, eating fruits and vegetables. I looked over at Aris, who smiles at me before biting into an orange. Fruit tasted like heaven to me. Even though the fruit was good, I couldn't help but feel uneasy about the man sitting at the desk, reading. When I saw Thomas walk in, he looked baffled. 

One of the Gladers tried to warn him about the invisible wall surrounding the man, but Thomas had already slammed into it. The man behind the unseen wall gave an exhausted sigh. He stopped reading and looked up at Thomas. 

"How many times do I have to repeat this? We still have forty-seven minutes before I'm allowed to start Phase Two of the Trials."

Once I heard that I froze up. Phase two probably meant more death and hardships for all of us. I looked around for Newt's eyes. When we made contact I felt calm. I felt a little safer.

(Guess who's back and has a bunch of new chapters to post for you guys?)