Chapter 7 - I'm A Holy Fuck

There was a huge silence. Then, suddenly, the Hall erupted.

"DAISY! DAISY!" Everyone was yelling. Cheers and claps broke out everywhere, even along the Slytherin table, thunderous applause rung out and echoed off the enchanted ceiling. Harry was sprinting up to me from the Gryffindor table, followed by Fred and George, Terry, and Draco. Harry flew into me, squeezing me tight to him, sobbing freely. The Insurgents gathered around us in a massive hug. Draco reached through all the boys surrounding me and kissed me; Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Dean, Seamus, and the rest of our squad were joining us; the whole Hall was standing up, cheering and applauding my return.

Fred grabbed my hand again, tugging me to the Gryffindor table, grinning. Draco looked after us with a glare on his face. I smirked to myself as I saw him, and he looked at me as I mouthed 'jealous?' at him.

He glared huffily at me as he plopped himself back down at the Slytherin table. Jealously looks cute on him. I propped my chin on my other hand as I gazed at him for a minute.

"Yes, yes... Wonderful indeed... Miss Potter is back..." Dumbledore finished clapping too, slowly taking a seat again. "Back to where we were before ... Although I would like to speak to you, Miss Potter, in the morning when we have time..."

"Doesn't everyone always want to speak to me in general, though?" I flipped my hair over my shoulder, grinning around at everyone in the Hall. They all nodded, laughing.

"Anyway... I must ask once more for your attention while I give out a few notices." Dumbledore announced again. "Mr Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees, and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs - mainly Miss Potter and Mr Boot's fault, I believe. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I assume, and can be viewed in Mr Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it."

The corners of Dumbledore's mouth twitched.

"We should go check it so we can bring each of the four hundred and thirty-seven objects." I snickered to Fred, who was beside me, and, as I suddenly realised, still had a grip on my hand. Whatever. I mean, he's probably just extra glad I'm back.

"For real though," Fred said to me after his fit of laughter, "what happened? Are you alright? Who kidnapped you? What did that guy mean about You-Know-Poo?"

"I'll tell you guys later." I said, as everyone else in my squad tuned in, turning round in their seats to look at us. "It was actually great banter! And really, there's nothing to worry about, just forget about it and enjoy the last free night we have before surrendering to class tomorrow."

Everyone murmured their agreement, wincing at the thought of class, but a few excited giggles erupted as we all thought of the actual banter and disruptive behaviour we would encourage in class.

Dumbledore continued, "As ever, I would like to remind you all that the Forest in the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year - yes, I'm looking at you, Miss Potter and Mr's Weasley.

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

"WHAT?" Harry and I gasped simultaneously. I looked around at Fred and George, who were mouthing soundlessly at Dumbledore, apparently too appalled to speak.

He continued, "This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year..."

I was scheming... I made eye contact with Harry, who nodded. No way was I missing Quidditch, it was what kept me ALIVE, damnit!