Tattoo.

You fell over in the bed, completely exhausted. Today had been a long day and sleep was practically calling your name. You turned to face the bathroom, where you could see the light on through the bottom of the cracks, signaling to the fact that your boyfriend was still in there getting ready for bed. Hardik had had a long day as well and you knew that he was also really tired. At least he had looked really tired when he had gotten home a few hours ago from practice . After a few minutes of simply laying there staring at the bathroom door, you finally see it open and your boyfriend step out in just his pajama bottoms.

He walks over to the bed and lays down on his side of it. Hardik pulls you close to him, and you go willingly. You rest your head on his chest, feeling comforted by the warmth that he provides. After a long day, being here, in his arms, makes you feel at home. You are completely relaxed here. Between the two of you, no words need to be exchanged. The silence, itself speaks a thousand words.

Unconsciously, you trace the tattoo on his left forearm. you had a strange fascination with his tattoos. Sometimes, you, yourself wished you could get a tattoo but you always shook of the thought, you didn't know how to deal well with pain. His tattoos always interested you. At first because you really wanted to know the story behind each one. Then after you found out, it interested you because of the special meaning behind them all.

"What are you doing?" There was a slight amusement in Hardik 's voice when he asked you that question. He was staring at you with a smile on his face. You raised an eyebrow at what he was talking about. He averted his eyes to your hands. Your eyes followed and you looked down to see that you had been tracing his tattoo. "Oh, sorry?" Your voice sounded somewhat dreamy. You almost couldn't recognize your own voice.

"It's okay." You trailed off on thought. Than you finally decided to ask him a question, your hands automatically tracing his tattoo once more. "Did it hurt, The tattoo, I mean?" Hardik sighed. "I did, but it wasn't too bad. It's kind of like a hot scratching feeling. But I guess for other people it might hurt more because everyone has different tolerance levels when it comes to pain." You nodded. You knew for a fact that your tolerance to pain was very low.

"Do you want to get one?" You shook your head. "I don't think I could tolerate the pain." This time it was his turn to nod. He knew you didn't deal well with pain. "Besides, I wouldn't even know what to get." Hardik though about it for a while. "If you could get one though, where would you get it?" You lifted your arm into the air. "Probably on my wrist." He pulled your arm back down and began to rub your wrist. You closed your eyes letting the feelings of his touch sweep you away.

Letting out a small yawn, you snuggled closer to Hardik . He placed a small kiss on your forehead. "You're tired, you should get some sleep." You just nodded, too tired to form words anymore. "Goodnight, Hardik ." He pressed one more kiss to your forehead. "Goodnight Y/N." Hearing that, you let yourself slip into dreamland.

-----------------------------------------------------------

" Miss are you sure you want it? "the young girl no older than 25, asked me holding my wrist which was shaking badly.

The day after tomorrow is Hardik's birthday and me being me,I was clueless about what to gift him. What do you give to a guy who alredy has everything, earns twice than what you'll ever earn in your lifetime and can afford anything he wants? Tricky question right?

I had been sitting and contemplating about what to get him when I suddenly had this idea.

I had told the girl what I wanted and I was surprised to see her sketch out something so fast for me. The design was simple and I had immediately consented to have that inked on my skin.

The thought of something inked on me did not scare me as much as the thought of pain did. I was a bit apprehensive about it,but I had alredy made up my mind to go through it.

Pushing aside all my fears, I nodded a brief "yes" to the tattoo artist and she promptly touched the needle to my skin which was already cleansed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Happy Birthday idiot !" I smiled at Hardik before pressing my lips to his cheek. He promptly hugged me tightly as if I'd run away if he let me loose. The guests invited at his birthday party wolf whistled..I couldn't pin point anyone but I was sure that they had to be Virat ,Shikhar bhai and Yuvi.

"Thank you, my potato.."he said to me kissing my hair softly.
"So where is my gift ?" he asked twirling me around.
" Patience, pretty boy. " I smirked at him before leaving him with his teammates and disappearing in the crowd ,laughing .

-----------------------------------------------------------

I was looking over the arrangement of food when I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Finally found you! " Hardik said kissing my ears.
"Dude, people are watching.."
"So? Let them.. "he said nonchalantly before grabbing my wrist.

I flinched a little bit as it happened to be my newly tattooed wrist that he was holding. I hoped that he wouldn't notice my reaction . I had worn a watch with a thick straps to cover my bandage and made sure to keep it out of everyone's sight at work but before coming here I had removed my bandage and as per my tattoo artist's instructions I shouldn't cover it anymore and 'let it get some air'.
Much to my dismay, he had seen my reaction.
"What happened to your wrist, Y/N ? Are you hurt? " he asked ,taking off my watch to have a better look at my wrist.

His jaw dropped open after seeing it. It wasn't the kind of reaction I had expected. In fact it was even better.
He ran his fingers slowly over my tattoo and I let out my breath which I hadn't realized that I was holding.

It was a small tattoo of a Daisy. It happened to be the flower he bought me on our first date and he identified it too.

"I remember the day I got you this. I had no idea that it was your favorite flower.."he let out a laugh followed by an intense look in his eyes. It's crazy how he can change situations so easily. I looked away unable to meet his scorching gaze.
"You got this for me? "he asked, motioning my chin with his finger so that I was looking him in the eye.

"I couldn't decide on what to get you so I got you this. Did you like it? " I asked beaming at him like a kid who had just gotten a bar of chocolate.

"This is probably the best gift,I've ever gotten." He said pecking me on my lips.

"Actually no. I have received a better gift you know. "he said looking up from my tattoo to me.

"Oh.." was all I could say.
"Do you want to see it? " he asked and then dragged me to a corner to show me his gift even without waiting for my reply.

"See it? "he asked after making me stand in front of a large mirror.
"That's the best gift I've ever gotten and I thank god everyday for that" he said kissing my cheeks and making me blush a deep shade of pink.

"Oi, love birds, let's cut the cake and then you two can do whatever you want but inside a room please .." Virat said making all of us laugh.

"Thank you so much for this. "Hardik said kissed my tattoo softly.

Well, it hurt a bit but at least it was worth it, I thought smiling.