Chapter 33: The Missing Link

Start from the beginning

What was in the necklace? Surely, it must not have been that much of an attachment to the bearer if it was just an ordinary necklace. But when it comes to Harry, nothing was ordinary. His ward's Magic had always been nothing ordinary. It was astounding, the way everything comes to him easily like he was born to wield Magic.

He stopped himself from shivering outwardly as his mind flashed the memory of the way Harry's eyes flashed last night (lavender, like a dragon's, or an ethereal creature of some sort). He waved a wand over the necklace, but found nothing there, except the necessary spells for making the ornament.

Although, a pang hit his heart the more he thought of Harry, the more he studied the pendant.

Harry's Magic was all over it and-- wait.

Harry's Magic.

Harry used his own Magic to create the pendant. He imparted himself on the pendant.

It hit Snape with a force that can be compared to being slammed on a wall.

That was the missing piece; it was the link they were looking for-- Harry's Magic.

With a croaked voice, Snape looked at Heemione Granger, "Do you know about Magical Residues, Miss Granger?"

The girl's hazel eyes flashed in recognition of the term, "Every Wizard or Witch has those, right?" She scrunched her nose; a look that says she was thinking, "Kind of like... DNA."

"Yes, that is it. Magical Residues are often called Magical Signatures, for  lack of better calling. Every one of us has a unique Magical Residue; you, me, even Mister... Dursely."

She gulped, "Where has he gone, Sir? Bran, I mean."

Snape went a hand to clasped his chest, "That is yet to be known, Miss Granger."

She looked down on the pendant, "Can I be of help?"

Snape nodded. Her pendant was of utmost importance for now. "How about a visit to the Headmaster, Miss Granger?"

She looked at him with wide, fearful yet determined eyes.

-------------

The boy was already crying for hours by the time he shoved the fourth plate in front of him. The Master needed him alive, as he needed the boy to tell him where the Stone was.

The boy was saying one word over and over again, "Severus. Severus. Severus."

It hurted his ear to have listened to that name for many, many times in a row now. But he cannot allow himself to loose his temper, lest he lay a hand on the Potter brat and strangle the life out of him. That would be the worst and the end for him. His Master does not take kindly to those who dare disobey his orders.

Instead, he resigned to a gruff, "Eat, brat."

The boy didn't do anything. He didn't move to receive the plate of food, or even acknowledge his captor. He was irritated now.

"Ungrateful wench," he spat.

"Severus. Please take me away..." The boy was whimpering as he rocked himself back and forth.

"Damn that name! Speak it one more time, you blasted bastard of a boy, and my fingers will be the last thing you'll ever know!" He was loosing his temper, and fast. He needed the boy to cooperate. For himself, for his Master.

He expected to boy to have wailed and caterwaul even louder, but to his surprise, the boy answered differently this time. "My Mum and Da were married, you stupid arse!"

He gritted his teeth. How dare the boy answer him like he was a fool?!

He decided that maybe, insults would be the best way to shut the boy's gob up. Fight fire with fire, so to speak. So, he said with a smirk, "I bet you took that spite from that insipid fool of an Entrusted you have."