Chapter 27: Beyond Everything

'Harry, come on, Rider. Wake up!'

Sebastian's voice filled Harry's head.

'Ugh. Harry. Wake up. Your Protector will be here any second now.'

Harry groaned in reply and covered his ears with a pillow. Sebastian licked his face but Harry slept on.

"Harry? Harry. Are you awake now?" It was the Professor, just as Sebastian had said.

He's here!

Harry scrambled to sit up, eyes wide open. Later today, students will return to the Castle!

The Professor's going to kill me!

Severus waited for any sound that would tell him that his boy was awake. He tsked as he heard a couple of thuds and rustling of sheets. Harry had just woken up, for sure. Severus opened the door with a smirk on his face, and found Harry trying to put on a shirt but failing miserably.

"Oh, dear. Someone had woken up on the very wrong side of their bed."

Harry let out a huff of defeat. Of course his Professor would have find out! Nothing ever goes unnoticed by Severus Snape.

Severus chuckled. Harry looked back at him and looked at him, pleading silently through green eyes.

"Alright," Severus mock growled, "I'll help you, you little mongrel."

He went in front of Harry and helped him get his shirt on. He let it down and fixed it, earning himself a small timid smile from the boy. The Direwolf watched lazily as his Rider and the Father of the boy's Heart begun their day.

---

"May I go and ride out with Sebastian for a bit, Professor?" Harry asked after his shower. Severus had just came out from the shower as well. The pair had just finished their breakfast and Sebastian asked Harry if they could go out for a bit since he said that they might not do so often after the resuming of the Term.

"Alright, but be sure to be back at nine, Harry. The Headmaster would like to talk to you."

Harry almost whined, but knowing that Snape hated it, he stopped himself. Instead, he resorted to rolling his eyes, thinking that Snape was not looking, "Yes, Professor."

"I saw that, Mister Potter," Severus admonished.

Harry sighed again. Seriously, does nothing ever gets unnoticed by his Professor?

Harry called for his Familiar with a whistle and Sebastian was there, carrying Harry's riding gear between his teeth.

Severus crouched down and took the riding gear in his hands, and Harry steadies himself as Snape dressed him. Harry liked the fact that Snape was so close, within arm's reach and it was a very comforting feeling. Snape made him feel loved and welcomed. He enjoyed the gentle hands of his Professor, the warmth of them assuring him,

"There," Severus finished. Harry murmured his thanks and headed to go out, Sebastian on his heels.

As Harry was nearing the door, Severus did not have enough time to stop himself from calling out to the boy.

"Harry," Severus called, "It's Severus. You may call me Severus. Or if you are ready, you may call me something else. Something informal, something besides Professor."

Harry stood there for a moment, eyes wide, processing what Snape had said. His green eyes narrowed for a bit, assessing and scrutinizing Snape.

Severus' heart was pounding on his chest as the boy stared at him. No, Harry was not one to stare at anyone with contempt. But why in Merlin's beard did he felt nervous as he waited for the boy to answer? Oh, he hoped Harry would actually agree- or even just consider.