As we walked I never let go of his hand for fear of him running away again and I definitely didn't want that. I hadn't expected him to say anything so the silence was not a problem. What was a problem was the fact that he refused to look in my direction and he kept trying to pull his hand out of mines. We finally reached my house and we went in and sat down as I figured out how to tell him everything without telling him EVERYTHING.

"Okay...I come from a family that has power and influence. In order to keep all that power and influence in the family I am set to take control of the family business. Unfortunately for my father, I didn't want to do it. You see I've lived a sheltered life for cent- for a while now and I wanted to go out and explore."

I paused to gauge his reaction to what I was telling him. He seemed as if he was taking it all in and he had stopped trying to get away so that was a good sign. With that I continued my story.

"My father didn't want me to leave but I didn't want to stay. In the end we came up with a compromise. I would be able to leave and explore the world until I was ready and in return when I came back I was to marry a girl that would be 'Perfect' as my wife."

"WIFE?! That means you're engaged...Hale you're engaged. That explains why you don't want to be in a relationship with me. All this has just been another experience for you hasn't it?" He looked up at me waiting for an answer and I noticed tears in his eyes threatening to fall.

"No! That's not it Kai...you're not just some life experience for me. I really like you...a lot! More than I have ever liked anyone and that's the problem. I don't know how to explain to my father that I don't want to marry this Naida girl that I want to be with you instead. I'm not sure if he'll accept my choice and I'm just worried that he'll find out and you'll get hurt."

Kai's head was buried in my chest, his tears soaked my shirt but I didn't care. The fact that he was still here meant that I had a chance and that we would probably work this out.

"I'm sorry I ran away. I thought that you didn't want me. I thought I was just some fling for you. I'm so sorry. So very sorry..."

"Don't worry about it; I should have explained everything to you before I started taking you out."

"I should have trusted you but I just...I was just scared that you would just throw me away."

I rubbed his back and placed a soft kiss on the top of his head. He was cute in everything he did even in being sad. He curled up in my lap like a little kid and continued to murmur his apologies. I continued rubbing his back waiting him to stop saying sorry.

"Kai, I would love to be your boyfriend. I love the way I feel around you and I can honestly say that I've never felt this way about anyone before. I want to spend all my time with you and I would appreciate it if I didn't have track you down every time we have a disagreement or a misunderstanding" I finished with a light laugh.

"I shouldn't have left. I should have just waited for you to explain. I'm sorry..." He looked me in the eyes and a crooked smile appeared on his face. "How did you find me though?"

Shit! What was I supposed to say? I could just tell him that I’m the future god of the sea and that I got help from another god to find him. That could work right? Damn that won’t work; I couldn't tell him that I got help especially not from Hermes. He was waiting for an answer and I had none.

“Ummm….well...you see…”

“Wow that was just great!”

I look up to see Aphros and Bythos walking in. Thank you Zeus! They came in just in time; I look up at them and give them the “save me” look. Aphros comes and plops himself next to us and Bythos comes and sits right on his brothers lap and lays his feet across me and Kai. I look at them and they look extremely happy.