**Chapter 9**

**Chapter 9**

Hale's POV

I sat there and watched him leave. I couldn't believe I let him go. What was wrong with me? How could I just let him go like that? He was perfect for me and I wanted to spend every waking moment with him. So why couldn't I say anything when he said that we were going out?

UGH!! Why was I just sitting here doing nothing? I jumped up and ran out the front door shouting his name. Where could he be? SHIT! He could be anywhere and now with his ex running around he could be in real danger. How could I be so dumb? I needed someone to help me.

"HERMES...I NEED YOUR HELP!"

In a second Hermes was standing next to me. He looked the same as always except he looked more human, I guess he knew where this was going considering the fact that I only ever called him when there was an emergency.

"Yes Hale what is the problem now?"

"I need you to find someone..."

"I'm not a private detective Hale. I do have more important things to do. What is wrong with you and you're friends always asking me to find people for you?"

He rolled his eyes and began to walk off before I grabbed his arm.

"This is really important to me and he's here somewhere in this town. Please Hermes I need you to do this for me." I was two seconds from kneeling down and actually begging him. He looked at me and just smirked.

"What do I get out of this?"

"Whatever you want....better yet I'll owe you a favor!"

His head snapped towards me and he stared at me in disbelief. It was a big deal for a god to owe you a favor especially since we could not go back on our word. So when a god says that he'll owe you a favor you take that opportunity and run with it.

"Who is he?"

"His name is Kai and he couldn't have gotten far."

He smirked at me and pointed towards the beach.

"He went that way; you should find him about a mile down the coast. He seems to have stopped running and is hiding in some sort of cave. That's all I know and that's all you need to know, try not to call on me again unless it’s absolutely necessary."

With that he disappeared without me being able to thank him. I ran down the coast and looked for any type of cave. I found a small pool underneath a waterfall and I could tell that there was a small hideaway behind it. He had to be in there.

I stepped into the pool and the water moved underneath each step, parting so I could walk on dry ground. When I reached the waterfall I could hear soft cries coming from inside. He was definitely in here and he was crying because of me. I felt like a jerk for making the one person I truly care for cry like that. The only good thing about this was that he was safe and that Ryan hadn't found him.

The waterfall parted as I began to walk underneath it. He looked up at the sound of the waterfall changing and saw me. Something flashed in his eyes. Pain and something else I couldn't figure out. I walked towards him slowly not wanting to scare him away. When I reached him I sat down in front of him and looked him in the eyes. They were red and puffy, he had been crying for a while.

"Listen babe, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you but there are some things that I wanted to talk to you about before we really and truly got into a relationship. I didn't answer you because I didn't want to get your hopes up before you heard everything."

I stood up and grabbed his hand pulling him up so that we could walk back to my place and talk.

"We're going to go back to my house and then we'll talk okay?"