Daybreak, The Book

Start from the beginning

"Yes! We're here to take care of the mission, we would like you to brief us on it. My name is Mira and this person here is Natsu!" Mira said sitting back down, Natsu nodded and Mira started drinking the cup of tea that magically appeared there. Natsu wondered when and how she got that.

"Well, you see. This book is very important, so you must know that this mission has been raised to 2 Million Jewels now." Kaby said

Natsu sat there wide-eyed and Mira almost choked on her tea, "Excuse me?! 2 Million for destroying a book!" Mira slightly shouted

"Yes, this book must be absolutely destroyed at all cost, this book is a curse to your family. My father was forced to write the book and it was one of the worst books he made, so when he died, I made it my personal will to destroy the damn book." Kaby said slamming a fist down on the chair with a small tear going down his cheek.

His wife hugged him to comfort him and Natsu and Mira sat there unsure of what to do. However, a certain scent got caught in Natsu's nose.

After he calmed down, Natsu stood up and walked over to a vase and picked it up.

"Natsu! What are you doing?" Mira asked, but she might have known what he was up to.

Natsu looked at the vase for a while before going back to his seat and put the vase down on the coffee table in front of him.

"What are yo-"Kaby asked but was interrupted.

"This isn't your mansion, is it, Kaby?" Natsu said putting his elbows on the table and clenched his fists together.

"This is one of your friends' mansion isn't it? That 2 Million Jewels was just a scam wasn't it?"

Kaby looked at the ground and sighed, "Yes... I know... I'm sorry, I just needed someone to destroy this book for me... It's held in the mansion of a rich aristocrat Duke of Everlue. This book was the worst thing my father had eve-" Natsu raised his hand and stood up from his seat and started walking to the door.

"Natsu! You can't just do that without explaining!" Mira said catching up to Natsu. He turned around with a confused look on his face.

"What on earth are you talking about?" This time it was Mira with a confused face, "We accepted this man's request and he had already briefed us of our mission, so we're going to storm that mansion and get that book." Natsu said patted Mira's head and throwing a thumbs up to Kaby and his wife.

"Wha...?" Kaby said but it was too late as they had already left the house. Natsu and Mira left behind a very confused but relieved couple.

Some Diner

"So what's the plan then Natsu?" Mira asked as she ate her salad, Natsu was finishing up his chicken and gulped down the drink next to his plate.

"I take back what we said about storming the mansion, that place is like a fortress, the best way to do it is by stealth." Natsu said picking the meat from his teeth, "However, there is another approach we can try, but I don't think you'll like it."

Mira was curious and pressured Natsu on. He sighed and said, "I heard some chatter that the Duke of Everlue has some weird fetish for maid out-" He was interrupted by Mira's hand slamming down on the table and her hair hiding her red face.

"S-Stop! I don't w-want to hear it a-anymore!" She stuttered, Natsu assumed that it was too embarrassing for her to dress up as a maid to infiltrate the Mansion. However, what really went on in her head was herself dressed in a skimpy maid outfit and going up to Natsu and then doing-

Mira shook off these thoughts from her head and looked around the diner to see various people looking at her in a quizzing manner. She bowed slowly and returned to her seat. Natsu brushed his white and pink hair and tapped the table.