"They're switching sides," he murmurs low.

"Sides? What does that mean?"

"They're switching alliances, privately."

"What? To you?"

He nods. "They don't believe in Richard anymore... There's been secret talk of abdication."

I don't know much about British politics, but that is one word I am very familiar with. It means Richard would renounce his crown. It would mean that government wanted another on the throne.

I shake my head, turning to him now. "No, Henry. We can't let this happen."

"I know. But I can't neccesarily tell Rich about this either... If I'm approached about it, I will remind them who their loyalty should be for."

"Will they listen to you?"

He shakes his head, at a loss. "I'm not sure."

...

"Well, ma'am, I'll be honest with you. We've passed your due date and you haven't entered labor yet. I'd say if your water does not break within the next twenty-four hours, we're going to need to consider inducing you," the doctor says, sounding detached, which is unusual for him.

I look up at Henry, dubiously as he smooths a gentle hand over my hair.

"Is there something wrong?" Henry asks, concern apparent in his question.

The doctor shakes his head, holding up his hands. "They baby is healthy. Your wife looks healthy. Everything will be fine. Maybe take a stroll tonight, see if movement will do the trick. I will have my phone on me at all times."

"And you will be performing the delivery yourself, correct? I don't want a stranger doing this, someone with no prior knowledge of her medical records."

I smile at Henry's protectiveness. So does the doctor.

"I will perform the birth, sir. I assure you." Henry nods, and the doctor grabs his bag from the counter. "Let's hope for some contractions today."

Henry grabs my hand, squeezing reassuringly. "It will be alright, Mia. Everything is going to be fine."

I smile, nodding. "I'm just ready to get this baby out of me. I feel like I can't breathe. I can barely walk now."

He hums, smirking, raising my hand to his lips. "I'll help you."

"You're not going to go to the meeting?"

He shakes his head. "They'll be fine without me. Richard needs to handle this on his own... Today, I'm yours."

...

I rub my back, with deep pressure as I walk through the gardens of Buckingham Palace. The gates have been closed to visitors, so Henry and I are alone out in the cold. We've already walked the palace, now we're outside.

We're not really alone though. Aileen is behind me, carting around a wheelchair and beside her is Henry's equerry, Ron. Ron's been talking for over thirty minutes and I can see the frustration edging onto Henry's features.

I'm not surprised when he stops, turning.

"Ron, we can speak about this tomorrow, no?"

Ron nods, looking unfazed at being kicked out. "Of course, sir. Goodnight, sir. Ma'am."

"Goodnight, Ron."

"I need to sit," I hum, feeling exhaustion. Henry looks at Aileen.

"Please leave the wheelchair. We will send for you if something happens."