Peppermint tea

After successfully completing his second cup of peppermint tea, 2d casually walked down the stairs and into the garage.

He stood outside the Winnebago door for a minute or two extremely quietly, not even daring to sip his tea, listening to what's going on inside. After establishing that Murdoc is asleep, 2d delicately opened the Winnebago door and strolled inside, closing it behind him. He gently placed his cup on the table and sat in a chair facing Murdoc. His heart begun to beat faster at the sight.

The whole Winnebago was filled with the pleasant smell, allowing 2d to relax a bit. He wasn't too worried about being there since he knew that once Murdoc was out, he was out.

2d looked around, familiarising himself with his surroundings. He saw a huge pile of clothes somewhere in the corner, but as he looked around something else caught his attention.

There was a shirt beside the bed. A shirt that 2d knew for a fact Murdoc wore today. He walked over to the bed and lifted the shirt, hugging and sniffing it. Still warm..

He looked at Murdoc smiling, something he wouldn't usually do, but he just couldn't help himself. He stood there for about 10 minutes just watching his chest move up and down in his sleep, it was soothing.

And yet in the darkness he failed to notice that Murdoc himself was clutching the grey sweater.

The atmosphere was nice, calm and quiet, and 2d found himself feeling tired, but he wasn't going to make the mistake of lying in bed with Murdoc.

2d sighed and returned to his room, tightly clutching his new treasure. He felt stealthy, like a ninja. This was almost too easy. He thought to himself. Maybe I should do it again sometime..? And with that thought in his mind he fell asleep.

---

It was morning, or at least by Murdocs standards it was, for everyone else it was 12:00 and they were probably upstairs chatting and whatnot.

Murdoc sat at the edge of his bed and reached down, his fingers brushing against the dirty carpet. What the? He looked down.

This was the first thing he noticed: the shirt he left by his bed yesterday was missing.

Murdoc grumbled and put on the grey sweater, it was soft and warm, and even smelled nice. He stood up and walked over to his table, confused.

The second thing he noticed was an empty cup standing on his table. He lifted it up and smelled it. Peppermint tea. He knew exactly who to blame for this.

---

"OI FACEACHE!" Murdoc stormed into the living room. 2d and Noodle, who were sitting on the couch chatting, turned around to see why Murdoc was yelling.

"Y-yeah?" Asked 2d weakly. Murdoc walked up to him and held the cup up to his face, causing the singer to flinch.

"What is this?!" He beamed angrily.

"A-A cup?" 2d moved away a bit to take a better look at the object, and he soon realised the grave mistake he made. "Uh oh..." he forgot his tea cup in Murdocs Winnebago. How could he have been so stupid?

"Yeah, uh oh! Why were you in my Winnebago?!" Murdoc and Noodle both waited for the answer.

"H-How do you k-know it was me?" The singer tried to defend himself.

"Because no one else in 'ere drinks bloody peppermint tea!" The bassist yelled. "Now give me a reason not to hit you!"

"U-Umm..." honestly, in this situation being hit would be a lot better than having to explain himself. "Because you're a good person?" 2d smiled weakly, already bracing himself for the hit.

"Bullshit." He was hit in the back of the head, knocking him off the couch, but at least not in the face.

"Toochi! Are you alright?" Noodle helped him up as Murdoc angrily stomped out of the room.

"Y-Yeah.." he said, sitting back on the couch and rubbing his head. They heard the sound of shattering glass, most likely Murdoc throwing the cup at something. 2d sighed and looked down. That was close...

"Hey toochi, why did you go to Murdocs Winnebago yesterday?"

"I-I didn't!" 2d protested, but Noodle glared at him. "F-Fine... maybe I did..." he was avoiding eye contact again.

"Why?"

"..." he wasn't ready to tell her, he didn't know how she'll react.

"Toochi... Do you like Murdoc?" Damn she's smart. I can't say yes, but if I say no she'll know I'm lying.

"... maybe..." he was looking away, afraid to see her reaction.

"...2doc..." she mumbled under her breath a bit shocked, but happy nonetheless.

"What?" He looked up at her, confused.

"N-Nothing!" She laughed if off. He's too innocent for that fandom she thought to herself. "So what's the plan?"

"What plan?"

"The plan to get Murdoc to like you! We can't just sit around and wait, right? If you want something you've got to get it!" She stood up on the couch and stared at the ceiling like she was making a very emotional speech.

"N-Noodle..." 2d begun to tear up. "You're willing to support me?" She looked down at him.

"Well, duh! You're my friend after all!" She hugged him. Besides, I ship it...

---

2d was on his bed, smiling and clutching Murdocs shirt. He wasn't happy, more glad. Glad that he had this shirt. Glad that he had a friend to support him. Glad he had a crush.

---

And in the end I didn't find out. Murdoc thought to himself as he walked up the stairs.

He knocked on the door. No reply. So he decided to walk in. On the bed he saw 2d, clutching... his shirt? How did this get here? That little thief! So that's why my shirt was missing! And why this sweater smelled of him, and probably why it disappeared in the first place!

He looked at the bluenette, smiling in his sleep. He took his sweater and sniffed it.

...

He didn't mind the new smell. He shrugged and just walked out.

He knows.