Chapter 10

Bucky

Steve and I walk out of the conference room, and down the hall. All the information we just talked about still floating around in my brain, and the fact that Catherine can turn into a very large wolf, baffles me.

We continue walking in silence, both Steve and I still processing everything. We come out to the living area, and we walk up the stairs to the lounge area. Steve collapses into one of the chairs, and I take a seat across from him. He sighs and rubs his face, and looks to me with tired eyes.

"What a mess we're in." Steve says. I give him a small smile, and stretch out on the chair, my joints cracking from sitting so long in the conference room."Quite a mess indeed. How long do you think it'll take for Tony and Bruce to locate the bases?" I ask.

He shrugs and closes his eyes, leaning his head back. "I'm just tired with H.Y.D.R.A. It seems like once we feel like we're done with them, they come back twice as strong. So, what do you think of Catherine?" Steve asks. I sigh, and shake my head. "I don't know, just everything that has happened hasn't sunken in yet. I feel like this is all a dream, and when I wake up I'm going to be back at H.Y.D.R.A., preparing for a mission or being a human popsicle," I say while looking up at the ceiling.

"It still baffles me that someone can change into an animal, at their own free will." Steve says while shaking his head. "Me to, I wonder what it's like to do that. It must be painful," I say while shaking my head.

"But seriously, what do you think of Catherine?" Steve asks looking me in the eye. I sigh, and look away from him. "She's given us no reason not to trust her, she wants these people gone to. Fury choose her to help us so he has to trust her to some level."

Steve nods. We sit in silence, lost in our own thoughts. Just the thought of wiping out H.Y.D.R.A. makes me very happy. They did so many things to me, and many other people, like Catherine, that they shouldn't be allowed to walk on this Earth.

"When do you think they'll make a move?" Steve asks, breaking the peaceful silence that had fallen between us. I shrug. "It's hard to tell. To me it seems like they're waiting. If they really had 50,000 combat ready agents a year ago, then why didn't they do anything a year ago? They had plenty of numbers that could've easily done a lot of damage, and if they were able to shift into animals like Catherine, then they are even more powerful. They could also be waiting for a time when we don't expect it. Who really knows. For all we know, they could do something tomorrow." I say while shaking my head.

"I guess we're just going to have to wait," Steve says, and I nod, agreeing with him.
***
I'm sitting in the living room with Steve, Thor, and Clint when the elevator door opens, and Natasha and Catherine walk out with so many bags in each of their hands, I'm surprised they haven't fallen over yet.

"So that's where you've been all day, you've been shopping," Clint says with a smirk. Natasha rolls her eyes at him and sets down the bags behind the couch. Catherine drops hers down also, and collapses onto one of the couches. "How many things did you get? There's at least 100 pieces of clothing," Steve says while looking at the bags.

"There's actually 257 pieces of clothing but, who's counting?" Catherine says, her voice slightly muffled from the couch. "Why do you Midgardians buy so many clothes?" Thor asks, sending a perplexed look to all of the bags. "We buy so many clothes, Thor, because we like to have a lot of shit we don't need, and that includes clothes," Catherine says while sitting up. Thor nods, not really understanding.