Chapter 6

Bucky

We all sit in silence, waiting for Tony to get back. We all agreed we'd talk about Catherine when he would gets back.

My head snaps towards the elevator when I hear the doors open and Tony's footsteps echo through out the quite floor. He walks over to the bar, and pours himself a drink. He comes over and sits on a one person couch, and stays quiet for a few moments.

"I put her in the third room on your floor," Tony says looking at Steve and I. "Why?" I ask. It's not that I think it's a bad thing, I'm actually kinda happy. "I thought she would be more comfortable with both of you on her floor." Tony says then takes a long sip of his drink.

"What do you think of her powers?" Bruce says with his hand on his chin, deep in thought. "According to her, she has heightened senses, increased strength, durability, and healing. But she also didn't tell us everything. She said, and I quote, 'a few others.' I wonder what her other powers are?" Natasha questions.

"Well let's give her a few days to settle in, and then we can question her." Steve says. We nod, and we go into easy conversation. I let out a long yawn, and my eyes start to droop. I check my watch to see what time it is.

10:30.

I can't believe it's this late already. I stand up with a stretch, my back cracking, and walk over to the elevator. "Where you go'in Buck?" Steve asks. I turn around to face him, and give him a tired smile. "To bed, I'm exhausted." He just nods, and goes back to talking with the others.

The elevator door opens and JARVIS automatically takes me to my floor. The door opens with a ding, and I step out. I look around, seeing if Catherine is anywhere to be seen. I walk into the living room to see if she's there, and then the kitchen but no luck.

I decide to check the spare room on our floor, assuming she's in there. I walk quietly down the hallway, a habit I can't seem to break. I come to the door and I hear soft snores behind the door. I open the door, and silently look in.

On the bed in the center of the room is Catherine surrounded by a pile of blankets, spread out like a star-fish, snoring softly. I chuckle softly at her, and close the door. I walk back down the hall, and into my room.

My room is much like Catherine's, but it's slightly smaller, and less extravagant. There's a bed in the center of the room pushed up against the back wall, a desk, and a small couch, but my room doesn't have a window wall or bookcase wall.

I walk over to my dresser and pull out a pair of sweat pants. I change out of my clothes and put the sweatpants on. I climb into bed, and close my eyes, letting my mind wander to the mysterious new member of the team.

***

I wake up covered in sweat and silent tears rolling down my face. I had another nightmare about falling off the train and H.Y.D.R.A. taking me, and replacing my broken and mangled arm with the metal one.

I look down at my metal arm. It's my ever constant reminder of what has happened to me, and what I have become. I've tried to destroy the arm in more ways then I can describe, but it has always brought me more pain. The arm is connected to all of my nerves in my shoulder, which gives me full ability to use it.

Ever since Steve found me on one of his missions, and brought me back to S.H.I.E.L.D. and got my memories back, I've been having these nightmares. I close my eyes and try to go back to sleep, but like usual, I can't. I sigh, taking the blankets off of me and stand up.

I go over to my closet and grab my sneakers. I slip them on and walk out of my room, grabbing a t-shirt on the way out. I continue down the hall, and to the elevator. I step in, and tell JARVIS to take me to the training area.

The only thing to get me back to sleep is beating up a punching bag. I walk in, and I go straight to the bag. I wrap my hands, and start letting all of my emotions out on the bag. The bag starts swinging, the chain groaning from the strain. I don't care, and I just keep hitting.

I send one final blow to the bag, and the chain breaks sending the bag flying. I push my sweaty hair out of my face, panting. I walk over to the supply closet, and grab another punching bag. Steve and I break the bags all the time, so the team decided to start keeping extras.

"Couldn't sleep either?" An angel like voice says from behind me. I turn around to see Catherine in sweatpants, a tank top, and sneakers. "You can say that," I say while turning back to the bag, hitting it a few times.

"You don't have to hide it. I can tell you had a nightmare." I turn around to look at her, the way her blonde hair cascades over her shoulders and down her back, and her shining emerald eyes, momentarily make me lose my train of thought.

"I get them to. I understand how bad they are," she says walking over to me.

"Did you come down here so you could just talk to me?" I ask gruffly as I hit the bag again, not really in the mood for talking. She doesn't respond, which I'm kinda happy about. When I'm in one of my 'moods', as Steve calls it, I don't like to be around people.

I keep hitting the bag, until I hear another pair of fists hitting a punching bag next to me. I stop and look over to Catherine. She keeps on hitting the bag, causing it to swing and the chains groan. I watch her as she pours all of her emotions into her movements. I've only known her for about a day, and she keeps on surprising me.

We don't say anything else to each, just letting the sounds of our fists hitting the bags, and the groaning of the chains to fill the silence. I kept on sneaking glances at her, still mesmerized by her for some unknown reason. I don't think she noticed me looking at her, which I'm glad.

Around 2:30 in the morning, Catherine stops hitting her bag, and walks out of the room without saying a word to me. I stare at her retreating back, how her hair sways from side to side as she walks. I shake my head. I shouldn't be having these thoughts.

I hit the bag a few more times, until I feel like I let out all of my pent up emotions. I grab a water bottle from the mini fridge, and walk out of the training room and to the elevator. The elevator drops me off at my floor, and I walk straight to my room.

I head to my bathroom, and hop into the shower. I wash all of the sweat off of my body, and let the water wash all of the bad things away. I get out and dry myself off. I pull on a clean pair of sleep shorts. I climb back into bed, and fall back to sleep, letting thoughts of Catherine pull me into deep sleep.