Chapter 8

Bucky

We follow Catherine out of the kitchen and to the elevator. The door automatically opens, and we all pile in. She asks JARVIS to take us to the training area, and we start moving down.

In the silence of the elevator, my mind wanders to what Catherine just told us. We already knew she was taken when she was a child and experimented on, but we didn't know all of it. She was experimented on and used as an advantage for H.Y.D.R.A.

When she said she was part of a mass project, that didn't really surprise me. H.Y.D.R.A. is known for trying one experiment on multiple people to see how it works with different people. But what really surprised me was that Catherine was the only survivor. For her to be the only survivor of 150 people, what ever they did to her had to be really horrible. In H.Y.D.R.A., only the strong survive.

Then the fact H.Y.D.R.A. took innocent people, children from their families is just sickening. But that's H.Y.D.R.A., they're cruel and corrupt and will stop at nothing to get what they want. And for Catherine not wanting to show us this, 'power' of hers and being scared of it, means it's something very serious.

The elevator door opens, and Catherine leads us out and down the hall. We walk into the training room, and she walks to the middle of one of the sparring mats. "I want all of you to stay back, I don't want any of you to get hurt." She says while kicking her shoes off. She then proceeds to take her shirt off and her jeans.

I look away from her practically naked form, and over to Steve who's face is as red as a tomato. "Catherine, what are you doing?" Tony asks in a nervous voice. She gives him a small smile. "Just watch, and promise not to freak out? Please? It would make this a lot easier." We all nod hesitantly, still wondering why the new member of the team is standing half naked infront of all of us.

"Here goes nothing," Catherine mutters. She takes a deep breath, and closes her eyes. Her body starts to shake, and a growl like noise rumbles through her chest. She lunges forward, and with the sound of breaking bones, in the place Catherine was in, is now a 7 foot tall white wolf.

We all stare amazed at the creature infront of us. The wolf, that I is Catherine 'cause there is no other logical reason for it not to be her, stares at us with big green eyes. She walks cautiously over to us, and lays down at our feet.

"Your final injection was to make you turn into a wolf at will," Natasha says out loud, all of a sudden piecing everything Catherine has told us together. Catherine nods her wolf head.

"Wolf?! More like a damn horse!" Tony yells. Catherine turns her head to Tony, and growls lowly at him, baring her sharp teeth at him.

He gulps, and fear flashes through his eyes. Catherine snorts, and gives a wolfy grin. I walk cautiously towards her, not really knowing what her reaction is going to be. She turns her head from Tony to me, and cocks her head to the side in question. I put my hand out for her to sniff. She sniffs my hand, and she presses her nose against my palm.

She moves her head so that my hand is against her cheek, and I take that as her wanting me to rub her neck. I comb my fingers through her silky white fur, earning a soft purr to come out of her mouth. I chuckle at her, and move to rub behind her ears, earning another purr.

The other's stare at me curiously, and Steve comes over to me. He does the same as me, he puts his hand out for Catherine to smell, then he starts rubbing her neck. Slowly, the others come over, and do the same.

Catherine backs away from us, and grabs her clothes in her mouth. We all move back to give her space. Her body starts shaking, and with the sound of breaking bones, Catherine stands in the spot her wolf was, butt naked. She quickly pulls on her shirt and jeans.

She walks over to us, and looks each of us in the eye, her gaze lingering on me for a moment longer than the others. "Now you know what I truly am. To H.Y.D.R.A. I was known as White Wolf, one of the most vicious and savage killers. This is what H.Y.D.R.A. is doing. They have an army of people like me, and they want to finish what they started so long ago, to make an ideal world. Their world."

********

Hello readers! So this is a shorter chapter than usual, but it's a treat. I said I would post another chapter if this book got to 100 reads, and sure enough it did!

I would like to wish a happy 4th of July to anyone celebrating it, and if you don't then have an amazing day!

Sincerely, The Writer