Chapter 12

Abigail's POV

I woke to the smell of pastries and fresh coffee, as I sat up is saw Ryan walking back to the bed in his black pants and no shirt (I was wearing that) "I've ordered you some breakfast" he grinned as he sat on the bed next to me. He bit into a Pain au Chocolat and flicked on the TV, just in time for the entertainment news

'And not only did Onerepublic put on a fantastic show, a very emotional moment between Ryan Tedder and Abigail Jenson-Tedder left fans elated. The couples display of affection confirmed that their relationship was as strong as ever, despite all the accusations Ryan has been subject to recently. It just shows that nothing will bring this couple down'

A female reporters voice echoed around our room as we both sat in bed drinking coffee "Well at least it's a positive report for a change" Ryan smiled.

"Yeah it's about time they gave us a break" I replied and caught him smirking "What?"

"Funny you mentioned breaks, I got abit bored while you were sleeping and you know how when I get bored I get a bit 'one click shopping' happy..?"

"Not another painting..." I fret and he laughs loudly.

"No you can relax" He chuckles "I've booked us a few days away, just the two of us. I've already sorted out childcare"

"Okay" I speak cautiously "Where are we going?"

"Milan" He grins proudly and suddenly I feel excited, Milan is the place we first decided to be together properly.

"You're taking me back to the future Mr Tedder?" I remember the flowers and tickets he sent me while he was on tour and looking at his face I can only guess Ry does too.

×-×-×

Ryan's POV

Seeing Abi smile again makes me happy, she lights up the room so effortlessly when she's happy.

After breakfast we just sat in bed for a while, answering emails and cancelling appointments "What time do we need to leave here babe?"

"In about an hour" I smile and she looks a little concerned.

"Then we're back to get our clothes right?" She asks, her face drops when I shake my head.

"Nope" I reply "Thought we could get a few bits while we're there, perhaps you could even try a new style" I can't hide the playful grin on my face now.

"New style" She replied, obviously unamused "It's not just clothes I need, it's hair products, make up...Jesus"

"Live a little" I smirk, she throws me an almost death glare "You can get make up and hair stuff from the airport, then we can always call in at that little boutique you like near the cathedral...Angelo's?" I notice a small smile forming.

"Antonio's" she corrected "You really have it all figured out don't you?"

"Yep" I grin

"Fuck sake Ryan you are quite possibly the most..." I kiss her lips so she can't finish her sentence.

"Just shut up and come to Milan with me" I laugh in between kisses, she nods and then pull me onto her "I love you Abigail Tedder"

"I love you too, even if you are..." she started but I just kissed her again.

X-X-X

Abigail's POV

We sat on a small table next to the bar, Leroy was sat with us "Three coffees" the waitress put down the cups on the table.

"Thanks" I smile knowing straight away she has realised who I am.

"Oh my god Abi Jenson-Tedder, I'm sorry but can I have a picture with you" She gushes. She takes a selfie of us both "Thank you so much, I've been a fan of yours ever since I was small. I've always admired how you dealt with your fame and addiction"

"Thanks" I find it hard to know what to say after she's taken a photo.

"I don't believe all the crap in the press by the way, not all of us are that small minded" I find myself touching her hand gentle.

"Thank you" I smile and watch as she hurries away, quick to show her friends her picture.

"You okay baby?" Ryan wondered.

"Yeah it's just nice to hear there are still good people out there, you know, people who don't let the press dictate their lives"

We waited a few more moments before our flight was called out "That's ours" Leroy stood and picked up his bag from the shop at the airport. He too had been forced to buy toiletries.

As we walked towards the terminal gate I felt Ryan's hand in the small of my back, he had obviously spoofed the paps approaching us. Leroy walked the other side of me to create a barrier "Abigail, Abi, Ryan...Abi"

Neither of us reacted we just walked quickly towards the plane, the paps were stopped by airport security eventually. Our seats were first class, I was next to the window and then Ryan and Leroy.

I listened to the caption call out, fastened my seat belt and waited for take off. Once we were in the air I watched Ryan for a moment "That song you wrote, the one from the studio? Have you put it to music yet?"

"Yeah almost, we were working on it last week" He replied honestly "It was beautiful, I'd love to hear it when it's finished" Ryan didn't reply he just reached into his pocket and pulled out his iPhone.

"Here, listen now" he put the earphones inside my ear and hits play. The music is so intense and his voice gives me instant goose bumps, it's a song about us there's no doubt about it. He wrote this one for me as well "Wow" i pull the earphones out of my ears.

"You like?" He asks and I nod "Good"

I grab his hand and kiss it "You have no idea how much I love you Ryan, I'm sorry I've made our world shit lately"

"No Baby you make my world better" Ryan grinned widely "No matter what" he lifted my hand to his lips and kissed.

"Oh Jesus Christ you two if I knew this was going to be a second honeymoon I'd have made you book me a seat back there" Leroy cried as he pointed his thumb behind him. Ryan and I laughed loudly at his comment.

X-X-X

My eyes opened as I felt a hand across my torso, I jumped "It's okay baby, I'm sorry I scared you. It's just me, we're landing and I was trying not to disturb you too much, the pilot announced we needed to buckle up"

I lifted my arms a little and allowed Ryan to fastened the buckle "Am I safe Captain Tedder?" I tease and Ryan rolls his eyes.

He was right this is exactly what we needed, a spontaneous break away. The stress felt like it had lifted a little as we landed in Milan, my heart felt full again. I felt loved and needed, and suddenly nothing else but my family mattered to me anymore...I was myself again.