o n e

yikes... try not to judge my horrible, horrible writing and grammar skills

..................................................

Dakota

The cold air flew by so quick, it did not help my already shivering body on the abandoned streets. Gripping tighter onto my loose, thin, wet shirt was not helping me either while the rain started to get heavier. It was as if the sky was purposely crying for me. 

Finding a shaded curb, I limp my body slowly over there. Sitting down, I let out a breath I did not know I was holding. Moving my eyes around my surrounding's all I see is darkness with a few cars zooming past me not even giving a second glance towards the the girl who is lying on the curb.

Pulling my knees up to my chest I let out more tears. Pathetic. That's what I am. No one wonder they always have hated me.

 Why didn't I get the happy family? Why didn't I get the love I was supposed to get all these years? I got nothing in all my twenty-four years of living.

Absolutely nothing. Except abuse, hatred, and feeling unwanted in this miserable life. 

Ever since I was born, my parents made it clear to me. They wanted a boy, I understood that but then it got too much. Once I got old enough, they started to abuse me with words. It was nothing like physical abuse but it was so much worse. At such a young age I never understood why they hated me so much. I was just a child. Once I got into my teens the real stuff started to happen. 

Physical abuse. 

It would just happen when they got drunk but then it turned into an every night thing. They would then invite their so called friends over. Abuse was not the only things they would do to me. Especially dads friends. They scarred my body for life.Never can I stare at my body the same way anymore.

Wiping the tears away from my eyes, my stomach lets out a grumble. I haven't eaten in two days. They enjoyed starving me. It was one of their favorite sick games.

I should also be happy right now, right? I am done with them. I can find myself a new future. A new beginning. Taking a deep breath, I let myself lay down on the side of the cold curb. 

I can try to get through this. I will try to get through this.

But I don't have any more strength to get through this. 

Pushing my thoughts away from my mind I let my eyes close. The sound of the rain drowning my thoughts. Wrapping my arms around my waist, I try to bring as much warmth as I can. With one last thought I let myself get wrapped into a deep sleep.

I will never get though this.

............................

Hola people! Yes, I know, this was a very short chapter. But it did give you a little bit of Dakota's background. It's probably very slow but oh well, I am trying (not really) 

Comment and vote, please :)

- Ciao, Non avere peli sulla lingua (This literally means "Without hair on his tongue" in Italian. It's supposed to be asking for the honest truth from someone)