Rejection

Lizzy's POV

I'm nervous. What if they don't like me? What if he wants to marry me but they won't let him? Not saying he'll want to..

We pull into a fairly large house in a small neighborhood. It's nice though. Nicer than mine.

He knocks on the door and it seems his parents haven't been expecting him. "Hey mom and dad!" He says like a toddler. "Shawn were weren't expecting you. And who is this?" His mom asks kindly. "This is my first REAL girlfriend, Lizzy." They nod and I blush like crazy. "Well it's nice to meet you." His parents say.

"Come in." His dad says. We go to the sitting room to see a little girl. "Shawn you're home!!" She screams and gives him a hug. "Aaliyah this is Lizzy. She's my girlfriend. No offense Lizzy, but she will never pass you up Aaliyah. Never." He looks at me and I smile. "You're too sweet." He laughs.

Shawn's POV

I think they all like her. Maybe even more than me. They invited us to stay for dinner. So we do.

"So Lizzy, where are you from?" My mom asks. Lizzy looks down.."Mom I don't thinks she wants to answer that right now." She nods. "Oh. I'm sorry hon." She smiles. "It's fine. I just went through something with a friend from there so I'm a little upset about that place." She nods with sympathy. "You'll be ok sweetie. I'm sure you and Shawn will get through it." She smiles.

"Thank you for the dinner Mrs. Mendes." I nod in agreement. "Yeah thanks mom." We smile. "You're welcome to come over anytime." She smiles.

"Well that'll be quite often because we're buying a house here! We just gotta go look now." She's apparently shocked but very happy. "Oh Shawn that's great. You know Aaliyah missed you a lot." She smiles.

"Goodbye Mrs.Mendes! You too Mr.Mendes and Aaliyah!" Lizzy yells as she walks out. "Bye guys." I say and nod.

We rent a hotel room for a week. It's by a pizza place so this will be great. Pizza. Movies. Maybe some other "things" if we can. If you know what I mean.

"Shawn we need to start looking for a place tomorrow." I nod. It's the truth. "Yeah. If you want we could go for a drive now?" She nods, "As long as that's all we'll be doing Mendes." She smirks. "Let's go!" I yell.