Part 10 - First Signs Of Insanity

Liu was woken up by something cold in the room, he got up rubbing his eyes and looking at the door that enters the bedroom. Liu looked down at Mercy, who was sleeping still. Liu thought it was just a weird noise, but since he was already up, he decided to go into the kitchen and get some water, and maybe a late night snack. He opened the door and walked down the hallway to the kitchen and turned on a small, dim light used at the bar. He opened the fridge and took out some cheese, ham, and mustard for a sandwich. Liu looked at the time, 4:09 AM; 3 hours until they started their missions again.

Liu layed down the sandwich supplies and took some bread. He layed a slice down and squirt some mustard on in, then put on some Colby-jack sliced cheese, (Liu's favorite.) Liu put the ham on top of the cheese and put mustard on the second slice of bread, and then putting it all together, he also got himself some milk while he was at it. Liu walked quietly around the kitchen eating his sandwich, just looking around. He noticed something out the window that spooked him. He thought we saw some black fog go past the window, it looked like it wasn't supposed to be seen.

"The hell..?" Liu says quietly.

He took another bite of his sandwich and walked towards the window, looking out of it; there was nobody there. Liu looked at the door, it was unlocked, which made Liu question the situation more. He locked the door just in case, and turning slowly in a 360 degree manner just to scan his surroundings. His chewing slowed down as he noticed Mercy walking out of the dark hallway rubbing her eyes, meaning she woke up from something.

"L-Liu..?" Mercy groans, still rubbing her eyes.

Liu finished up his sandwich and walked up to Mercy still looking around.

"What's wrong, you're acting odd." Mercy asked.

Liu shook his head. "I thought I saw something in the window, then I just overthought all of the possible scenarios what could have involved some sort of break in..." He said.

"Break in?" Mercy said. "What are you talking about Liu?"

"I woke up for no reason, then got up and went to the kitchen because I was hungry... Then I saw something out the window." Liu said.

Mercy seemed to be too tired to talk it too seriously. She sighed, tugging on Liu's shirt gently.

"It was probably just some animal, Liu. Please, finish your drink and come to bed, its very cold in here, and I'd like someone to keep me warm~" Mercy gave Liu a reassuring smile, and walked quietly back down the hallway into the bedroom.

Liu felt paranoid, but he knew he had to get some sleep, he took sips of his milk while starring at the window he saw that thing from. Not long after, Liu rinsed his cup out and went back into the bedroom where Mercy was waiting.

"I thought you'd be asleep by now." Liu said, laying back down.

"I had to make sure you were okay, and came back." Mercy replied.

"I'm not going anywhere." Liu said, pulling the blankets around them.

Liu turned over, back facing Mercy. "Just try and get some rest..." Liu said.

With that, they went to sleep.

Liu was woken up by Mercy the next morning, she was shaking his shoulders back and forth gently.

"Wake up, sleepyhead." She smiled.

Liu didn't want to get up. Mercy chuckled and stood up, pulling Liu upwards. Liu resisted by grabbing her by the waist and pulling her back down. They both laughed.

"I don't wanna get up." Liu said. "I know we do but... still."

Liu soon got up, starting their morning routine, shower, teeth brush, and breakfast. Around 7:30, there was a car outside to pick them up, or, one of them up. Liu was stopped right at the door of the car.