Part 2 - First Check Up

Jerry and Liu's first battle was a success with only minor injuries, like cuts and gashes. Liu was patiently waiting his turn to be checked for damage and patched up. Soon after, Jerry can out of the room.

"She asked for you." Jerry said. "Your turn, better get in there."

Liu got up, nodding his head and walking in, closing the door behind him.

Mercy sat in a chair, facing towards a desk looking at Jerry's papers. She spun the chair around, facing Liu.

"Ah, Mr. Dawson; here for me to check you for damages?" she asked.

"That's what I heard from Jerry, you wanted to check up on me?" Liu asked.

"Well" said Mercy, "I cannot have a new recruit hurt on their first day. I'm a Valkyrie after all."

Liu nods his head. "Well, what do I do?" Liu asks.

"Just sit down and let me look at you." Mercy replies.

Liu sits down on a bed. Mercy walks towards him, she holds out her hand.

"Let me see." Mercy says.

Liu puts his hand out to hers. Her hand is so soft.

"Looks good." Mercy says.

She continues to the next arm, legs, neck, etc.

Mercy gently put her hand up to Liu's cheek and got close examining it.

Liu's face goes a bit red.

"I am just looking for marks and what not." Mercy says.

Liu stays silent. "I know..."

Mercy then backs off, looking at Liu.

"Now, take off your shirt." Mercy says.

"Er..." Liu mumbles.

Mercy shakes her head smiling. "Such a nervous one you are."

Liu takes of his shirt.

"Now turn around." Mercy says.

Liu obeys and a huge gash is left on his back.

"Oh my, when did this happen?" Mercy asked.

"Some ninja robot cut me up back there, barely got away..." Liu replied.

"Hold it right there, I need to clean it up." Mercy says.

Liu nods and waits.

Mercy pulls out some hydrogen peroxide, then walks back to Liu.

"Forgive me, Mr. Dawson; this is going to hurt." Mercy says.

Liu nods his head again.

"My my, you're also the silent type." Mercy says.

Liu shrugs his shoulder. "Sorry."

Mercy then lets the hydrogen peroxide run down Liu's back, cleaning his gash. Liu jolts in pain. Mercy presses a rug against Liu's back afterward, for some reason, all the pain Liu felt on his back was gone. Mercy removed the rag, and dried his back, putting the hydrogen peroxide back in the bag.

"That will do, Mr. Dawson." Mercy says.

"Thank you, Dr. Ziegler." Liu says.

Mercy turns her head back to Liu.

"Didn't I ask you to call me Angela?" Mercy asked.

"Yes you did, but everyone else called you that one the field." Liu says.

Mercy smiles. "I know..." she says.

Lius face went a bit red.

Mercy smiles, walking towards Liu and sits next to him.

"I only let a few call me that." Mercy says. "But you seem sweet, Mr. Dawson, willing to fight, but not for violence..."

Liu looked at Mercy, staying silent.

"You're charming, your voice is lovely, never met an Australian." Mercy continues.

Liu sort of interrupts Mercy.

"What are you saying?" Liu asked.

Mercy gets up and walks toward her desk, sitting down in it. "I am saying I like you, you're very kind." Mercy smiled.

"Do you like me?" Mercy asked.

Liu's stays silent, though blushing a bit.

"I believe you're blushing, Mr. Dawson." Mercy smiled.

Liu back up.

"Well, you are very beautiful... Angela, and you helped me out there today." Liu says.

"I'll take that as a yes then." Mercy says.

"Thank you, Mr. Dawson; that will do for now, check up with me anytime though." Mercy says.

Liu's blush fades, and he walks out of the room. When he comes out, he sees Jerry and D'va talking. Liu wanted to go and talk to them, but he though Jerry could spend some time away from him. He knew Jerry wanted to bond with her.

Liu went to the room Jerry and him were staying in, and there was a note on his bed.

"Looking forward to seeing what you can do tomorrow in battle!" -Reinhardt.

Liu paused and smiled. He was also looking forward to it himself.