30

"Keep the baby Darcy." Kept running through my head since what Kim had said. She really thinks I should keep the baby, but that's not only my choice.

I decided to head to my moms house. Although we haven't had any contact in forever, I was ready to go and see her. Hopefully.

- - -

I arrived to my moms house, afraid of what would happen. Maybe she'd be willing to talk, or maybe she won't. The house seemed to be a bit lonely, but still with company.

I knocked on the door. My heart was beating so fast. I haven't felt this way in so long.

The doorknob twisted and the door finally opened. "Hi?"

"Hi.. Who are you?" I asked.

He looked at me and didn't say anything. "Are you Darcy?"

I nodded.

"Thought so." He said and put his hand out. "I'm Austin."

"You must be Ariana's boyfriend?" I said. "I'm her oldest daughter."

He nodded and smiled. "Yes, I'm her boyfriend. She has talked about a lot."

I rolled my eyes a little.

"Does she happen to be here?" I asked. "I wanted to have a talk with her. I would've never expected this."

He nodded a no. "I actually just got back from work so I'm not quite sure where she left. Most likely for baby stuff."

"Oh," I said and my heart sank.

He smiled. "My first child."

"Woah, what?" I said a bit shocked.

He opened the door. "Would you like to come in? I'm sure she'd be back soon."

"Oh, no it's fine. I'll come another time." I said. "What do you mean though.. She's pregnant with your baby?"

He nodded. "I didn't even know about it. She thought it was her ex boyfriends, but it's really mine."

"Wow." I said. "Well, I really have to go.. So I'll see you next time. Let her know I stopped by."

He smiled. "Will do. Nice meeting you, Darcy."

"Nice meeting you too, Austin." I smiled. He seemed to have a great personality. 

I walked away, still in a bit of shock. She lied so that Shaun would still be around, but also wanted to hide Austin.

"Darcy.."

I turned and saw Shaun standing by a car with two boxes.

My heart began to race. "You've been here the whole time?"

He nodded. "Your mom and I are done. She's got Austin. He's the actual father of the baby. What brought you here?"

"I came to see her actually. I can't believe she'd do that. I'm... Sorry."

He put the boxes in the trunk of the car and then turned to me. "Sorry? Don't be. I should be sorry."

I sighed. "Well, sorry she cheated and lied."

"In all honesty, I knew this would happen. She didn't really like me. She pretended to." He said with his arms crossed. "Anyway, who brought you?"

"Myself, I drive now." I said.

He smiled. "That's great. Happy for you!"

Shaun's personality seemed to be different. He seemed to actually change.

I gave him a weak smile. "Thank you."

"Are you free today?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes, I am."

"Would you like to go and have something to eat? Maybe we could talk things through." He said looking down and back up. "I really want to talk to you."

"I'd love to." I said.

He smiled. "Let's go then?"

"I'll follow you." I said and then got into my car, as he did too.

He drove off and I followed.