Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

I ran through my hair with my free hand and leaned my back against the seat. I was about to take another drink, when an amazing sent made me stop.

I frantically looked around as my heart started to thump faster in my chest.

As I was looking around, I saw Niall jogging towards me.

"Liam, my mates here. I can smell it." He said smiling.

"Mine is too. Maybe there friends. Wait, who just walked in?"

Both of our heads shot to the door and I saw two girls.

My eyes locked on the tall one. She was faced the other way, but I know it's her. She turned her head slightly to look at her friend. She stopped talking and smelt the air around her.

She's a werewolf.

She turned around and the only thing I saw, was her.

She is tall, probably around 5'9, and had long legs that complemented her perfectly. A small nose, full pink lips, and freckles made her absolutely gorgeous. She has long red hair that falls in ringlets around her shoulders, and very light orange highlights. Her eyes were the prettiest shade of brown I've ever seen. They were a gold color that faded into a darker color towards the pupil. She was wearing a tight purple shirt and black skinny jeans. The leather jacket hugged her waist, and her black converse wrapped the outfit together.

She's beautiful.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Niall already talking to his mate. She is about 5'5 and has long, black hair that falls past her shoulders. Her glasses covered beautiful light brown eyes and with a smile that lit up her whole face. She is wearing a blue wavy shirt and black tights, topped with a pair of black flats with a small bow.

I didn't even notice that I started walking towards my mate. On the way, I tossed the beer in the garbage.

Her faced flushed as I stopped in front of her. She looked at the floor and moved her side bangs out of her face. She slowly looked up and smiled, showing her white teeth.

"Hi," I said smiling like an idiot, "I'm Liam."

"Avalon," she said looking at her hands.

The song suddenly ended and the DJ sounded through the mic.

"This goes out to those dudes out there with their special ladies." A slow song started to play all around us.

I looked next to him and saw Zayn smirking at me with Lou giving me a thumbs up.

"Care to dance?" I asked with a smile, extending my arm out.

She smiled and blushed. She carefully took my arm and I walked over to the dance floor. Her face was still flushed when we stopped.

I took her waist and she hastily wrapped her arms around my neck. I pulled her closer and she giggled when our foreheads touched.

One of my hands left her waist and I rubbed my head.

"Sorry," I said chuckling, setting my hand back at her waist.

"It's fine," she said laughing slightly, "with three brothers, you get used to it."

"Three?" I asked as my eyes widened.

She smiled and nodded. "Your fine, Rob is really laid back, and Ben is a huge nerd. You don't have to worry about Billy, he lives in Canada."

I let out a breath and smiled, "Good, cause I thought I would have to impress all of them."

"But then there's my dad." she said biting her lip.

I gave her a scared look and she laughed.

"He's the Beta to our pack, he's a really cool guy, don't stress about it." She said smiling and swaying back and forth.

"Beta? How big is your pack?" I asked.

"One of the biggest, about 500. What about you? Do you have a pack?" She asked looking up at me through her eyebrows.

"Well, it's complicated. When me and my mates were younger, my pack was attacked. My father was alpha, and he and my people fought so hard. Me, being future alpha, I was trying to get children and woman somewhere safe. Me and my friends, Niall, Harry, Louis, and Zayn were protecting them, taking them to the underground pack house, when we were ambushed. I tried, so hard. I don't remember what exactly happened, but when I woke up, I was on the pack house lawn with the boys and when I looked around... no one was there. From that day on, me and the boys travel. Zayn, Louis, and Harry found their mates. And now me and Niall have too. So basically, we have a small pack of five. Me as alpha, Harry Beta. Maybe one day our mates will join and we can find others and start another pack."

She was looking at me with sad eyes.

"Liam, i'm so sorry. That's terrible."

She small arms wrapped around my waist and her cheek rested on my chest. I pulled her in closer when I wrapped my arms around her.

We stayed like that, for the rest of the song. Until Harry came running to me.