|Chapter 9|

*Hermione*

After multiple tests and images were taken to assess the damages, it was determined that I was to avoid being put in harm's way. I was told that taking any more physical damage could be an end to at least one of my children. I wasn't willing to allow that, so I knew that I would have to talk to Professor McGonagall when I got back to school to be sure that I wouldn't have too many targets on my back.

I was taken to a room where they told me that I would be staying overnight. I was incredibly uncomfortable not being in my bed, especially since I hadn't been given an update on Draco's condition since my astral projection scenario. I heard rustling in the hall before another bed was being pushed into my room, I knew immediately that it was Draco due to his blonde hair peeking over the top of the bed. They should have special beds for people as tall as he is. Harry came in right behind him, toting a bag full of clothes and some crystals that I knew were enchanted to protect my room. Harry began to place the crystals around the room and then he slowly put the bag of clothes on the nightstand.

Draco made sure the nurses placed his bed directly next to mine, his hands immediately resting on my stomach. I was amazed at how much he cared, I had never imagined in all of my years of knowing him that he could react this way to having babies with a muggle-born. His eyes teared up as he watched the fetal heart monitors. I admit, it was a blessing to know that he wanted the babies as much as I did, if not more. I was terrified that he was going to run as soon as he found out.

"Hey, can I stay at your place since Ronald will be at his place? Ginny doesn't need me home right now and if she does, she can just go with me I guess." Harry twisted his fingers in his t-shirt, his nerves shining through his expression. I nodded, too afraid to try to speak.

"Will you feed the owls?" Draco sounded weak, his voice was strained as if he hadn't spoken in days and his eyes met mine, their grey tone pulling me in until I thought I was drowning. He pulled his eyes away abruptly to glance at Harry. Harry nodded measly, looking perplexed as he watched us interact. I immediately scolded myself for beginning to feel like Draco could truly care about me. I pushed aside all of the intimate moments and realized that he was only here because he felt like he had to be. I silently turned onto my side, facing away from Draco as I contemplated how to get myself out of this situation.

My babies depended on me to keep them safe and I knew that, so I tried desperately to keep still and held my stomach as I thought about just how much I was responsible for now. I wanted to run and hide, but that had never been my style so I knew that I would just need to wait it out and hope that everything would be okay. Harry's eyes drifted behind me towards Draco, and he merely nodded and hugged me before leaving for my apartment.

I had not been okay with people in my home while I wasn't there, but I wasn't concerned with Harry being in my home. He would hold down the fort while I was out of commission. I was lost in my thoughts when Draco's subtle cough caught my attention. I looked over at him as he stared at my back. I was experiencing a lot of conflicting emotions about him. I wasn't sure if I was trying to protect my babies from him or his family.

Lucius Malfoy, who is nothing if not malicious, would not stand for me ruining his bloodline. The thought almost made me laugh, a muggle-born having his grandchildren. The thought of him made my blood run cold, thinking of how he would treat my children, should he ever find out about them.

There was suddenly a noise at the door, drawing me out of my thoughts. A woman made her way to my bedside, her light brown skin shone in the moonlight. Her hair was short, it was a dark brown color that complimented her skin. What stood out were her eyes, they were bright, a mixture of ocean blue and bright green hues. She felt safe, I had an instinctive urge to trust her.

"Good evening, Miss Granger. How are you feeling?" Her voice was kind as a smile lit up her beautiful face.

"I've been better, how are my babies?" I wanted to check on them again, knowing that earlier they had been in a scary position.

"They're perfect. My name is Lyra, I'll be your personal medical assistant." She held out her hand, I shook it. She instantly calmed me, making me wary of her. "I will be here with you throughout your stay and will be the one you call with any questions or concerns once you go home."

"Thank you, I appreciate you." I smiled weakly, I was still sore. Draco had been oddly quiet, I turned my head to acknowledge him, feeling guilty for my conflicting behavior.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked, looking at me in my eyes. I felt like he meant it, which made me feel more comfortable.

"I'm here, just not feeling well. Are you feeling okay? You really scared me earlier," I admitted, resting my hand on top of his.

"I'm good, especially now that I know you're okay." He smiled at me, holding my hand tightly to his chest. I could feel his heart beat, calming the fluttering in my stomach.

I started to drift off into sleep. I had dreams filled with the last few days and two small babies. Their strawberry blonde hair and stormy grey eyes seemed to old for their chubby cheeks.

A/N: Hey guys, I'm so sorry. I've been on hiatus. I have had a really rough time over the last year and a half. I'm going to get back to it and try to keep up on my story. I owe you all quite a few chapters. I am going to be working up some chapters as soon as possible! Thank you all for reading. I really appreciate you all!