Chapter 2

"Umm... are those people with you?" Nash said, trying to stay calm. I was silent. I didn't know what to say... I didn't want them to make me leave. Aaron spoke up,"I think I'll take that as a yes." I couldn't help but start crying. "Please don't make me go back! I ran away for a reason! Please don't make me!!!" Everyone but Taylor looked down at the floor. Instead, he was looking right at me. He hugged me and said," Don't worry babe, you're safe with us." Our hug was interrupted by banging at the door.

"Hide." Taylor said sternly. Right when I was about to dash upstairs, the door was kicked down. I fell, and a pair of large, dirty hands grabbed me. "You think you can just run away like that? You little brat, just wait till we get home." My foster dad yelled. I screamed as he was trying to drag me out of the house. "Shut up you little b*tch!" He said as he slapped me across the face; hard. His ring left a scar. "You let her go!" Taylor and Cameron yelled."Aaron was calling the police as Taylor and Cameron ran after us. I guess my screaming was really getting to my foster dad, so he pulled out a cloth covered in chloroform. Damn. This is getting ridiculous. He covered my mouth, and I don't remember anything that happened next....

*************************************

It was the next day, and I woke up on the couch. I opened my eyes to see all of the boys staring right at me. They all looked fine, besides some minor bruises. I put my hand on the side of my face, feeling a large scar. I tried to sit up, but it hurt so bad. "Hey, don't try to move. It'll only make it hurt worse." Matt said. There was a long pause. "We're all glad to see you're okay, but I think we deserve an explanation." He added. I then told them everything. The foster family mess, the abuse, etc. By the time I was done, I was crying. So were some of the guys.. "Wow.... I'm... I'm... I'm so sorry. We're all sorry." Matt said. "So, what's you're name?" Cameron said with a smile, trying to lighten the mood. "Hayden." I said weakly. "Hayden.. That's a beautiful name." Cam said.

There was more silence of course, but the silence was interrupted by my coughing. I started to cough up blood. Gross. "How about you guys give her some time to rest. I can take care of her." Taylor said. Oh this is great. I just told them about my past with abuse, and they're leaving me alone with a guy I barely know. Why are guys so stupid?

Taylor handed me a tissue. He started to touch my scar. I tensed up, startled. "Oh, sorry." He said sympathetically. "I'm just trying to make you better. You can trust me. I won't hurt you. I promise."