I'll Be There (P. 2)

Sorry about that...

It's okay.

I heard you were back in Gotham.

This true?

Yeah. I am.

I'm in this play called the last night of Ballyhoo.

Performance is Nov. 17-19, twice the last day.

7pm all nights 10pm the last play.

Okay.

Are you gonna show?

Yeah. Why not?

I always like seeing you fail.

Stop it...

That's not funny.

You are coming though right?

Yes. I'll be there.

7pm or 10, depending on the day.

Its at the GPH.

I'll be there.

Admission is $6.

I can pay, if you want.

I'm okay.

Stop worrying.

Are you sure?

Y/n?

Yes?

I'll be there.

Okay.

See ya there.

See ya.

    You sat your phone aside, doubt flowing through you.

The next few rehearsals went roughly your mind always on Victor. He was your childhood crush whom you had to abandon, because your father disagreed with you guys even being friends. You decided to shake it off, and hope for the best. Because that's what you're supposed to do; hope for the best, but always expect the worst.

The first night came and you were excited. Because why not? It went smoothly and everyone watched happily.

   "To what do I owe the pleasure Commissioner Loeb?" You ask him, trying your best not to smile.

  "Just here to see my daughter. Tell me, have you seen her?" he asks smiling. You guys start laughing and hug each other.

The following nights were all the same. You were psyched to see him, but shockingly, he never showed. It was the last performance of the last night and you had just ended the show. You all stood on the stage and were handed gifts and trophies. Every chance you got, you looked in the crowd to see, if you saw him. Yet, you never did. You went back stage to check your phone and sure enough there was a text sent at 9:58pm from him. It said, "I don't think I'm gonna make it." You sighed. Your heart sank and broke even more than it already was. You walked solemnly on stage as everyone was already socializing. You began cutting through groups of people so that you could give your mic to the sound guy.

  "It's not nice to ignore people you know." A voice says to you. You turned and there he was. Your heart almost leaped out of your chest. The feeling of love and happiness you felt was unmeasurable in that moment. You hugged and then he kissed you. On the lips, and you kissed back. "I told you I'd be here."