Is this Real?

The next week on tour flew by and I missed him like crazy; Val had only 3 hours in Nashville before he had to fly back to New York. We had just finished the show in Shreveport and I couldn't wait to get back to the tour bus so we could face time.

Val: "Hello beautiful, I can't wait to see you in Corpus Christi, just a couple more days! Maks and Peta will be back tomorrow, and I've gotta say, I'm really gonna miss waking up with this little guy." Val turned the camera to face Shai, "he's kind of awesome." Val had been helping out with the little prince while Peta and Maks were on their honeymoon.

Me: "That tiny, precious human looks good on you." I grinned and gave a wink. We talked for about an hour, mostly about our day and all the other mundane details that most people would find boring, but to us it was perfect.

Just a couple more days, I said to myself, a couple more days and you'll be in his arms again.

It was the day of the Corpus Christie show and I was sitting at the airport waiting for Val; I felt like a teenager waiting on her prom date. Minutes later my phone went off and it was a text from Val telling me to meet him in baggage claim. As I walked over I felt my nerves intensify and I couldn't understand why, it's just Val, I thought. I remembered our last moments alone together and I felt my cheeks burn. I wanted so badly to pick up where we left off, but what if things were awkward?

Moments later my thoughts were interrupted when I saw his incredibly handsome face smiling at me. "Hey babe!" Val exclaimed as he walked over and swept me up into a warm embrace. "I have thought about you every second of every waking minute since we've been apart." His words calmed my nerves and I suddenly felt relaxed, "I'm so happy you're here, my love." Val sat me down and gathered his luggage, "I hope I'm not being too presumptuous, but I booked us a hotel so we wouldn't have to be cramped on the tour bus."

"Why Mr. Chmerkovskiy, are you trying to get me alone?" I joked.

"Absolutely," he replied with a wink.