T W E N T Y | B E L I E V E

Start from the beginning

"I haven't talked to him and he hasn't tried reaching me. I don't understand why he can't come and be with his family. Me having cancer shouldn't change anything, he should enjoy the little time that we have left."

"Little time? Sorry to break it to you but you're living forever." The two of us laughed but it died down once we looked at the paper again. "Sign it. He's doing it because he wants to help, I know him."

"Fine but after this I'm going to go home and get your room set up in the house. I think you'll love it, you have glass windows everywhere."

"Do I have someone who'll bring me breakfast to bed every morning?" I laughed, nodding my head. "Yeah, that'll be me."

"You're the best." I smiled and continued to sign off on the paperwork, including the receipt from my dads payment. Personally, I wasn't happy about it because he could at least cone and talk to us but there's not much I can do about it. "Okay, I'm gonna leave and hopefully pick you up tonight. If not, tomorrow the first thing I will do when I wake up is come over here and get you." After saying goodbye to her and leaving, I was now on the highway with music blasting. There were several thoughts in my head that I didn't necessarily want to think about, mostly because they were about Justin.

He was such an amazing guy, and meeting him over a tattoo certainly is something but I didn't expect things to go like this. Because of him, I know that I'm capable of doing more than what I'm capable of. I just can't see us ever being together. Not because I don't like him, but because I wouldn't know how to handle being the girlfriend of someone who is so busy and constantly followed.

I opened up the door to the house, and to my surprise it was very quiet inside except for the crying that came from Luna as she ran over to me and started jumping for me to carry her. "Justin?" I yelled out, dropping my purse and keys onto the coffee table in the living room and then getting Luna into my arms. He didn't answer which was weird because I knew he had to be here since his car was outside.

Walking from the living room and into the kitchen, I set Luna back down on to the floor so that I could make myself something to eat quickly. After deciding to make myself a grilled cheese, I open up the fridge to see that it was packed with beers and several other alcoholic drinks.

Great, now I was worried. I closed the fridge and started walking around the house, tripping on a bottle of beer as I neared the studio. He wasn't in here but the amount of bottles that were in here give me a reason to think that he had been here before I had arrived.

After looking everywhere for almost ten minutes, I groaned due to the fact that I hadn't checked the backyard first. Which was what I should've done, because as soon as I slid the glass to the side, the cold wind hitting my face as I spot him sleeping on one of the lounge chairs.

"Justin." I nudge him but yet he remained in his sleep. "Come on, lets get you inside." I continue to move him so he could wake up, which worked after a couple of minutes.

He didn't say a word as he stared at me, his eyes going back and forth from my eyes to the pool. "Are you just going to stare at me or what?"

"You came back." I nodded at his words and started walking away, until he shouted out my name. "You probably think I'm not in a good state of mind but I am. I drank water and coffee before knocking out. I really thought that you wouldn't come back. I was scared that I pushed you away and that's the last thing I would ever want. Catherine you mean so much to me and I don't think you understand that. You've only been in my life for such a small amount of time but you've made a huge impact. I don't know where I'm going with this because I didn't write anything down but I'm so sorry for what I said this morning. My idiotic self didn't think about how you felt and consider your feelings. I shouldn't of had made you feel like that and I feel like a complete dick because of it. I really hope that you can forgive me."

"I forgive you." Was all I said as I continued to walk inside, not wanting to face him. He probably thought I was lying but I wasn't, at all.

"That's all? You're not going to bitch me out?" He ran after me, catching up to me as I walked into the kitchen to continue making that grilled cheese I wanted so badly.

"There's no reason for me to do so. I lied to you about why I didn't want to kiss you and all that. I did something wrong and so did you."

He raised his eyebrows as he looked down at me, crossing his arms over his chest. "You lied?"

"Yes, I did. I wanted to kiss you with every fiber in my body. You're all that I think about and it drives me crazy. I just didn't do it because I'm afraid of ruining our friendship. I'm afraid that if we were to become a thing, i'll get hurt and hate myself for letting it happen. I suck at relationships, and I don't want to have a relationship with you because I'm afraid that it'll get ruined by me because that's who I am. I fuck up everything with no intention of doing so."

"Hold up." I was confused as to what he was doing, and decided not to question it after he came back, with a necklace in hand. "I wear this almost everyday, if you haven't noticed. I want you to have it. This is so you know that I'll always be with you throughout everything. If you let this happen, I promise I will do anything just so you're happy. All I care about is you being mine and making sure that you're the happiest. But this can't happen if you don't believe in me."

"Where would I be if you didn't believe." I sang, getting a smug look from him. "Sorry, it was like a perfect moment. But I do believe in you."