13.

~Do something instead of killing time. Because time is killing you~ Paul Coleho

Josephine-

"Olivia, I'm not wearing this. I won't do it."

I shove the dress back her way, and she puts her hands behind her back, as in saying she won't take it back.

"Joey, it's not even that short!" She complains.

The hanger the dress is on is held in my grasp, and I let it go limp, my hand falling against my thighs.

"It won't even reach my knees." I retaliate.

"It reaches mine just fine." She remarks.

"I'm taller than you, you know that." I sigh, setting the dress onto Olivia's bed.

After she stayed at my house last night, she urged me to come to hers to get ready for the fair which is in a few hours. I thought I had been ready enough, in jeans and a t-shirt. But she insisted that I get a little more done up despite my disliking.

"Why are you worried about what I wear?" I sigh, plopping down onto her bed.

She sits at her desk which is cluttered with lotions and perfumes and nail polishes, doing her makeup in front of the mirror propped up against the wall.

"Because I've taken a notice to something." She tells me, and turns to eye me.

"To what?" I ask her, sitting Indian style on her bed.

"Tyler. I think he likes you." She tells me.

"Why do you think that! Why does Harry think that too?" I exasperate loudly. Liv scowls at the mention of Harry.

"Because! It's so obvious." She laughs.

"We've been friends since second grade. We all have. His feelings can't just all of a sudden grow out of no where. I'm like a sister to him." I shake my head, and get off her bed.

"Just put on the dress." She orders.

"I don't want to put on the dress!" I retaliate.

"Put it on." A smile grows on her face, and I can't help but smile back at her, giggling at our pointless bickering.

"Fine. But can I at least wear leggings with it?" I ask her hopefully.

"No. Show off your legs, geez, you're like a nun." She jokes.

"Olivia, it's going to be cold tonight." I tell her.

She seems to reach understanding, and grabs a pair of tights from her dresser drawers.

"Fine, here. And stop calling me by my full name, Josephine." She tells me, and I give her a playful scowl before changing into the stupid dress and tights.

"These are kind of see through, Liv." I acknowledge with the tights, and she rolls her eyes and laughs.

"They're supposed to be. Now turn." She orders, and when I do she claps.

"Perfect." She smiles proudly.

All I know is that this stupid blue dress and these tights are not my usual clothing choices, and that I will get cold tonight.

****

Standing outside now, I feel like strangling Olivia. My legs are cold and the black cardigan she told me to wear with the dark blue dress isn't as warm as it looks. We wait for Shawn and Tyler to arrive, and Liv tells us to wait for Brandon as well once they arrive.