⚜Introduction⚜

Madelyn lifted her furry head, looking up at the full moon above her. She, and the rest of the wolves of the bayou, had received a message from Eve about a party at a plantation house. So, there they were, waiting for the moon to reach its peak while all of the wolves looked at the abundance of clothes hanging on clotheslines.

She felt herself start to change back into a human and she closed her eyes. It wasn't as painful to turn back into a human as it was to turn into a wolf.

When she opened her eyes again, she lowered her head once more to find that she was laying on the ground, nude and in human form. She stood up on her feet, glad that none of the men of the pack were near her. She was concealed by some bushes all around her, and she reached over to grab some of the clothes.

She had retrieved a pair of destroyed American flag printed Daisy Duke shorts and a purple colored t-shirt with sleeves that reached right up to her elbows. The tops of the sleeves hung low off her shoulders, but she was comfortable with the way they hung off. She found a pair of combat boots that she retrieved and then slipped onto her bare feet.

"Maddy," she heard a voice speak her name.

She twisted her head to survey her surroundings, until they landed on Jackson, her cousin, as he was walking toward her—now fully clothed himself in a pair of denim jeans and a brown and tan     plaid button up. She grinned happily and skipped over to him, throwing her arms around his neck. She was younger than him by a few years, and smaller in size, too. He chuckled and hugged her waist. "Hey, Jacky," she mused, calling him by the nickname she had given him when she was a kid.

He groaned at the nickname and released the young brunette, making her laugh at his discomfort. He tossed his arm around her shoulders and the two of them made their way through the bushes and into the backyard of the plantation.

Jackson may have been her cousin, but, he was also like a big brother to Madelyn. When she first arrived in New Orleans as a teenager with her parents, they weren't even in the city a few weeks before she found out her parents were killed.

Madelyn was left an orphan at only 13 years old. She was with Jackson and Eve when she received the news about her parents, so, he immediately decided to take her in. He continued to raise her, with the help of Eve, hoping that he could prevent her from activating her werewolf curse.

He succeeded, too—Well, until she turned twenty.

The rest of the wolves emerged from the bushes, human and fully clothed, and they all made their way into the yard of the plantation. "What are we doing here anyway?" Madelyn asked Jackson curiously as they all looked around.

"Eve said there was a Crescent Wolf in New Orleans. She knows about the curse put on us and she wanted to have a little party tonight," Jackson explained.

Madelyn furrowed her eyebrows. "A Crescent that's not under the curse? But, wouldn't she change into a wolf tonight if she isn't under our curse?" Madelyn asked her cousin.

Jackson turned to Madelyn and he answered, "She's pregnant. She's not going to go through the change again until after her baby is born," he answered her.

Madelyn grinned. Babies were a happy subject for her. She loved children. "Who is this mystery Crescent?" Madelyn asked her cousin, bumping into his side as the party started getting into full swing. Members of the pack started a band, like any other Full Moon night and everyone was dancing.

She caught a glimpse of a pretty brunette handing out beer and watching the pack as they danced and laughed and momentarily forgot about their curse. The brunette headed off inside, and Madelyn saw the puppy eyes that Jackson was giving the woman. "Andréa Labonair," he murmured.