three

amelia's pov
Dinner comes, and it's a pasta bowl with shredded vegetables and shrimp. It looks extremely appetizing. Elisabeth and I dig in immediately, and within 15 minutes, we're both finished. We pay, which wasn't that expensive, to be honest. I thought it would've been a lot more expensive as this looks like a very nice restaurant.

We say goodbye to Stefan and Christian, promise that we'll be back, and make our way out into the city. We walk down some more before we have to cross. The walking button signals and the cars stop, allowing Elisabeth and me, as well as another small group of people, to cross. The time reads 8 pm, so we'll be back by 10 or 11.

I start across the crosswalk, not paying any attention to the cars, which was a bad decision I'd say. "Amelia!" Elisabeth shouts. I look to my left and a car is literally a foot from me. I hurry to the sidewalk, scared for my life.

Elisabeth catches up. "What the hell, I had the right of way!" I say, angered by the fact I almost just got hit by a car. "I know, no one in this city knows how to drive," Elisabeth laughs. "God, I've only been here for like 3 hours and I already almost got killed," I groan.

We get to an area where they're playing music in the streets. I look around at the amazing scenery and spot something, or someone, that ruins the scenery. There's a teenage boy with blonde hair dancing like a maniac several yards in front of us.

I point him out to Elisabeth and Elisabeth squeals. "Oh my god, that's Sam!" She says. "Sam?" I ask confused. "Come on, Amelia!" Elisabeth drags me towards him.

Sam sees Elisabeth and I running towards him and stops dancing. "Hi," Elisabeth says. "Hey," Sam replies enthusiastically. "Oh my gosh, look it's Corey!" Elisabeth points to another guy who's standing right next to us.

"Oh! You guys are the guys," I realize. "The guys from the mall video where that one guy got a gun to his head," I laugh at the realization. "Yeah, that was Elton," Sam laughs. "God, that was so hilarious, I was actually freaking out," I laugh.

"Try being in that situation. I haven't been able to sleep the same since," Sam laughs. "Where's Elton? And Colby?" Elisabeth asks. "At home, we're just picking up some food," Corey says.

"We went a really nice restaurant, and we were having a good night until someone almost got hit by a car," Elisabeth says sarcasm. "It's not my fault!" I protest. "If I were to die, then the crazy lady would've gone to jail."

"Yeah, but you would've been dead, so it didn't matter," Elisabeth says and I shrug. "Colby almost gets hit a lot too," Sam says. "Aw, I wish that he was here, it would've been really cool to meet him," Elisabeth sighs. "Here, I'll FaceTime him," Sam says and pulls out his phone.

He FaceTimes Colby and almost immediately a teenage boy picks up. "Hey, what's up?" Colby asks. "These two girls saw my awesome dance moves, and then decided that they rather talk to you," Sam says. Colby laughs in the phone.

"Here, say hi," Sam says and turns the phone to us. "Uh, hi," I say. Elisabeth waves excessively. Sam laughs at the awkwardness. "I liked the 'uh, hi," Corey laughs. "Are you just so surprised you don't know what to say?"

I shrug. "I don't really know who you guys are, so," I say. "She comes from Maine, she's a little new at this," Elisabeth explains. "Maine? To LA? That's pretty far. When did you move here?" Sam asks.

"Uh," I look at my phone, "4 hours ago." "Oh god, so that's today, that's really cool! Why'd you come to LA?" He asks. I look at Elisabeth cautiously. I don't know how to say 'because I hated my life in Maine and I have to find the missing part of my life.'

Unfortunately, Elisabeth had no problem saying that, "Amelia felt this weird spiritual feeling where she had to move to LA to find this missing part of her and figure out what she wants to do or else she'll end up working in an office building and then she'll kill herself."