~*~

Santiago

The door flew open and I looked over my shoulder, furrowing my brows together as I watched Alessandra tip-toe her way in. She carefully closed the door and I lifted an eyebrow, folding my arms over my chest as I turned around to face her.

She finally turned around and stopped in her tracks when our eyes met, her lips parting.

"I didn't want to wake anyone," she blurted, "I figured you'd be asleep."

I shook my head slowly, taking long strides towards her. "Nope."

"You should be in b-"

"You should, too," I said, "it's eleven o'clock, Alessandra."

She began to butt in but I stopped her.

"What had you so busy that you had to miss dinner with the boys?"

"I'm sure your little pet made up for me missing dinner."

"If you're talking about Adora, she left after you did."

Alessandra folded her arms over her chest, eyes in thin slits in my direction.

"Why were you out so late?" I asked.

She let out a laugh, shaking her head. "I must have forgotten that I'm not a grown ass woman who can do whatever she wants."

"You're a grown ass woman with a family," I deadpanned, "a family that you haven't been paying much mind to lately. So I'm going to ask again, why were you out so late?"

She bit down on her bottom lip. "You don't trust me, do you?"

I shot an eyebrow up at her.

"Santiago, oh, my lover," she said, placing her bag on the counter before taking long strides towards me, "you really think I'm cheating on you?"

She placed a hand on my bicep, grasping it as she reached upon her tip-toes to caress my ear with her warm breath. "As if anyone could stack up to Mr. King himself."

I looked down at her with pursed lips. There was no denying the fact that Alessandra was an extremely attractive woman, and if I would've been twenty-five in this scenario, her dress would've been ripped off of her body.

But I wasn't twenty-five in this scenario.

"You don't have anyone convinced, Alessandra."

"Well, you're the only one here, and," she skimmed her eyes down me and pressed her body closer to mine, gliding her lips across my cheek, "I know how to convince you. Don't I, papí?"

I chuckled and pulled away from her. "You're not manipulating me today."

"Manipulating you with what, your biggest weakness?"

I shook my head, clenching my jaw. "I'm going to bed. Come with if you don't have anymore errands to run, will you?"

She pursed her lips together, her eyes glued to mine. "Of course."

~*~

Adora

"Streamers."

I looked up from my laptop and at Brenna, who was standing behind the counter across from Landon. I brushed it off and went back to writing.

"She said she doesn't want anything too elaborate. So, I'm thinking a disco ball?"

"Very funny-"

I sighed and looked up. "You know, if you're trying to make this a surprise party, you should probably talk a little softer."

Brenna folded her arms across her chest. "If it were a surprise party, you wouldn't know. Use that brain in that pretty little head of yours sometimes."

I rolled my eyes at the comment, standing up. I grabbed my glass and walked into the kitchen, folding my arms on the counter as I looked at them. They both shot me confused looks and I stood up straight, looking over at Brenna.

"Well, if it's my party and I know about it, why don't I do the work?"

"Hell no, your taste is terrible."

I shot Landon a glare and he just held his hands up.

"Plus, we've actually already got it planned. You know, it is tomorrow."

I pursed my lips together and nodded. "So why were you still arguing about streamers or a disco ball?"

"Because you're turning eighteen. That's why." Brenna scoffed and grabbed her clipboard from the counter, rolling her eyes as she strolled into the living room.

Lan shrugged. "I've tried to talk her out of being so pissy."

"She'll get over it, she always does."

I daringly walked into the living room and sat beside Brenna. "So you're looking like a real party planner now."

She looked over at me and shot me a nonchalant smile, looking back at her clipboard. I grabbed it from her hands and placed it beside me, grabbing her hands to cover with my own.

"We need to kiss and make up since my big day is tomorrow. I can't be mad at my best friend on my birthday, it would be totally noticeable at the party."

She hesitated for a few seconds before sighing. "Totally agreed! Except... I'm sorry Adds, but you aren't my type. If I knew you were crushing on me..."

I giggled and pulled her into me, smiling as we wrapped our arms around eachother.

"Pinkie swear to never get so mad at each other that we completely avoid eachother for a day again?"

I smiled and she held out a pinkie, making me wrap my own around it. "Pinkie swear."

She squealed and jumped up, grabbing her clipboard. "Now we can go shopping for your dress! Vixen-y, but not so revealing that you have to keep pulling it down. There's going to be a lot of dancing going on, we can't have your privates out for the world to see."

I just smiled and nodded. "Sounds like a plan, Bren."

~*~

WHAT AN OVERDUE CHAPTER.. so sorry for the wait. hopefully the next few chapters will def make up for it.. ready to get writing and some new stuff up for you guys.