9 - Set Him Straight

Start from the beginning

Anger rose above me as I mentally question Diana. Why didn't she call to tell me? Why didn't anyone tell me? Who the fuck is Jarred to do something so fucking low? Jarred cheated Diana once in high school and he begged me not to say anything, but I was stupid not to. Now he is sleeping around behind her shoulder and I don't think the guys know back home. I knew deep down Jarred was no good for Diana, I remember having a great feeling he was never to be trusted and yet we all accepted him in our group.

 But what's worse Diana accepted him in her heart. I ball my hands into fist wanting to hurt him to what he has done to Diana and now Andrea I'm going to cut him. I snap back into reality and rush over to Andrea as tears down her face while Bianca, Mimi and Ivan comfort her. I shake my head and pull Andrea into a tight hug.

"He was always such a fucking asshole" I say through my gritted teeth. "Don't worry. I'm going to set him straight" I promise.

"Andrea!" Nickola shouts in alarm, he rushes over as Andrea stands to her feet shaking her head franticly. "What happened? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Nickola rants as he examines his sister as if she was wounded, he pulls her into a hug and I hear him take a relived breath. She pushes him away. "Jarred, he-"

"He what?" Nickola says whipping her tears away. "He is cheating on me" she cries. A flash of relief washed over Nickola and he pulls Andrea to his chest again. "What I tell you about him. You never listen to me" He says. I blink as I remember memories of Andre and I, it all ended in a big argument but we still ended up in some sort of happiness. 

I quickly gather my things and shove them in my bag and slung it on my shoulder. "Andrea" I say, she faces me with teary eyes I pull her into a hug again, "don't you worry okay; I'm going to set him straight" she nods on my shoulder and I pull away. Before I can go anywhere Nickola wraps his giant hand around my wrist causing me to halt in my steps, I turn around and those big green eyes look into mine as if he was trying to tell me something. For a moment he gaps his mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

"Where are you going?" He whispered.

"That asshole needs a good talking to" I tug on his hand pulling him towards me "and we are going to set him straight" he pulls his arm away and shakes his head. Fear and hurt flashed his eyes he looks towards Andrea and pulls her close. 

"I can't leave my sister alone. Not at this stage, at least"

"Nickola! I can take care of myself for fuck sake. Be my brother and cut that asshole who broke my heart"

I was taken back at her outburst and so was everyone else, Andrea take a breath and hugs her brother pulling away quickly. "I'm going to stay at Bianca's tonight?" she turns he head towards her in question and Bianca nods quickly. Nickola studies her for a moment and she blinks three times; Nickola sighs and nods his head. "Fine. Fine"

If I knew better, something worse is happening around us, some sort of secret maybe hiding behind us but I couldn't quit work it out. "Da stojs natre so zakucini vrati"
(Stay inside with locked doors)  I crease my eyebrows in concussion locked doors, what for?  Nickola turns and faces me catching me off guard and takes my hand tugging me out the door.

***

"Don't worry about anything Andrea; I'll take care of everything. For you and Diana I'm chopping dick today" I say hoping to lift a smile. Thankfully she lets out a laugh and runs towards me throwing her arms around me and Nickola too "I love you guys" 

"I'm driving" Nickola says, pulling me towards his car. The determination in him made my heart race it only made him seem more stronger, more brave. I take a breath when he tugged me closer "come on beautiful, I have an asshole to kill" the seriousness that dripped out from his voice sent shivers down my spine where only made him seem more powerful than he is.