Sad Times

Doctor Max, as he introduced to me, was determined to keep me in the hospital for another week to make sure my insides were in place and that I wouldn't drop dead. I did as he ordered me and for a week laid in my bed. Not that I was complaining. Sleeping your head off always was on my everyday to do list.

Another weird thing I noticed apart from my memory loss was my ability to use technology. It was gone. Holly brought me what she called a laptop and a phone and didn't even believe me at first when I said that I had no idea what these thing were. After seeing me struggling to even turn one of them on, she explained everything to me and then ran out to find Dr. Max.

When he came back, he told me that I earned another week in the hospital because of my inability to turn on a laptop. He thought I had brain damage or something, but I knew the truth. I lost memories and my required abilities in this timeline because of my nonexistence before.

When I managed to turn on Word and understand the typing and saving, I began writing everything I could still remember. Of course, I started with Hades. I wrote every single detail about him, making sure not to miss a thing. I wanted to be able to imagine him just the way he was when I won't be able to remember him. His every wrinkle and loose silver hair was written.

Next were his words that stuck in my head. Words that made butterflies appear in my stomach. His mood swings and twinkles in his eyes.

Lastly, I wrote about his touch and kisses. From the very first and unexpected one to our last night that most likely made me pregnant. The way his skin felt under my fingers and his Godly six packs. How he would pull me into his arms and how safe I had felt in them.

Every word were accompanied with tears of sorrow. From time to time I had to stop writing in order to clear my eyes so that I could actually see the words. After some time I didn't know if I was crying because I won't be seeing him or because I will forget him.

And so my two weeks in the hospital passed with tears and sadness. When it was time for me to leave, my parents walked in with set of clothes. I asked them to bring me something loose so that it would remind me of tunics I had to wear. They brought me black leggings with a shirt that almost looked like a dress accompanied with black flats.

'Are you ready to go?' My mother asked and I nod. I was sick of this place and tasteless food.

I began putting my clothes on that I somehow knew how to put, while my mother talked to me.

'We decided to move for nine months into a camp. It's deep in the woods and near mountains so I think you will like it. Dr. Max said that fresh air and peace would be good for both the baby and your memories.'

I looked at her and for a moment wanted to scream that I won't get my memories back, but instead just nod.

When we were out of the hospital and in the metal box that was called car, I finally asked that bugged me for a while.

'Where did you find me?'

I saw my mother with father glance at each other and I decided to ignore it.

'One of the local hunters found you in the middle of the forest. You were passed out and naked, but surprisingly clean' my father explained and I frowned. My eyes went down to my arms that had smooth skin without a trace of black ink.

Did my clothes and tattoos disappear when I left Hades' timeline?

'How long was I missing?' Another question that bugged me.

'Era, I don't think you should focus on that. You are here and that what is important' my mother said and I glared at her.

'That information is important to me' She only sighed.

'You were missing for two weeks not including the day you went to the party'

I frowned in confusion. So, I was two weeks gone while around a year passed in Hades' timeline, but two years passed in here while a minute passed there? What the actual fuck?

My mind began hurting just by thinking about it and instead focused on my belly. I already had morning sickness a few times and now was sure that mini God is inside me. The thought alone made me smile.

I caught my mother looking at me from the front and when our eyes met, she smiled at me.

'What will you name him or her?' She asked and I blinked at her. Then felt my cheeks go warm.

'I didn't think about that' I told her and she chuckled.

'Well, you still have a lot of time' she said and I looked at her. Like, looked at her. I could see a glow of happiness around her and I rose eyebrow at her.

'You really are happy despite me having a child from an unknown man' I said and her smile widen.

'I always wanted to be grandmother. Besides, the way you speak and cry for the man, I can see that you cared for him' she said and I felt sadness hug me.

'Yes, I love him a lot' I said and mother's smile turned into a sad one as well.

'You will meet him, I'm sure of it' she said.

'Even if that means leaving you all?'

On my words she looked at me confused, so I pressed on.

'If I had to choose between you guys and him, would you be mad if I chose him? If I would have to take his child with me and leaving you forever. Would you be mad?' I don't know why I asked that, it's not like I will get a second chance to travel through time, but my heart refused to accept the lost.

My mother looked at father and then at me. She staid quiet for a long time before finally spoke.

'If that means you will stop crying and be happy then no, I would not be mad'

'I see. That's good to hear' I said and absentmindedly ran my hand over my stomach.

I wonder what Hades is doing right now....

Every time I publish a chapter, it feels like I'm feeding a very hungry group of lions. It's actually scary if you imagine that 😄